Summicron-m 75 f2

martha

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Digby,

Nice image

Was it shot at the War Memorial in Canberra?

It's been years since I've been there.

Mark

Mark, indeed it was. Well spotted. And well worth revisiting. They have added a new aircraft hall which is excellent, and re-worked some of the exhibits, though still retaining my old favourites like the dioramas.

Mark, indeed it was. Well spotted. And well worth revisiting. They have added a new aircraft hall which is excellent, and re-worked some of the exhibits, though still retaining my old favourites like the dioramas.

I have some old film pics of the Memorial from my old Nikon F3 & Contax T3 (my favourite film camera), but obviously can't post them here. Will have to go back with the kids & Leica (maybe not in that order).

Regards,

Mark

ps: I really like the OOF areas in your image..looking forwards to getting my 75 Cron

At the risk of proviking an emotive 'bokeh' exchange, in my experience the effect is quite variable even with the same lens. Affected by aperture, focus distance and content especially.

Really by definition, a better corrected lens will tend to display more defined OoF highlights precisely because it is more accurate/resolves better. That is not to argue that either type is superior only that each will have its adherents.

I'm of the school that is not overly impressed with the rendering of the "bokeh king' V4 Summicron 35 and personally prefer the more modern designs.So you can read my personal preferences from that ;)

On the new CV 75, I've only shot a couple of frames. The distributor here, (a friend) is meant to be loaning me a sample when someone else is done trying it out