Is this IR pollution?

mirekti

Advertisement (gone after registration)

30 minutes ago, darylgo said:

I live in California where our greens are less lush and more desert-like

Less lush i can try but the next desert is at 2,000km so better show your own pics for that ;).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

28 minutes ago, lct said:

Less lush i can try but the next desert is at 2,000km so better show your own pics for that ;).

Nice image.  Only 2000km, you can be there on a short plane ride.   

• Haha 1

18:02

I call it purple shadows. Both images are white balance matched I'm supposed. I did already notice it when M11 came out and on those early samples, even without side by side.

I remembered M9 had some color cast in shadows too but I think that was the embedded profile that's giving that color signature. Maybe the M11 has the same behaviour and should be fixed with a proper profile.

Edited by Casey Jefferson

Steve Jobs quote: "You are holding it wrong"

If you move on from adobe you can see that there is no magenta shift.

The primary tool to judge colors is a calibrated monitor with a hardware tool like x-rite. in calibration a monitor profile gets created and color managed, this profile is then use by color managed software like Adobe Lightroom and photoshop to display correct colors. 
For those people that never done it. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

it would be nice to see a before and after picture of Cobalt has for M11. Can you post an image

I am using mainly "Cobalt Repro," which is a linear profile, i.e., the image is darker and very flat. I use it when I need to tame high contrast. It requires a lot of post-processing. My recent images from Malta in the image thread use a mix of Cobalt Repro and PROFILE M11. 

4 hours ago, SrMi said:

I am using mainly "Cobalt Repro," which is a linear profile, i.e., the image is darker and very flat. I use it when I need to tame high contrast. It requires a lot of post-processing. My recent images from Malta in the image thread use a mix of Cobalt Repro and PROFILE M11. 

I'm still seeing some purple'ish shadows, particularly the lower 1/5 (foreground objects and the table). Not sure if it's the lighting as indoor lighting can be funky at times.

4 hours ago, Casey Jefferson said:

I'm still seeing some purple'ish shadows, particularly the lower 1/5 (foreground objects and the table). Not sure if it's the lighting as indoor lighting can be funky at times.

Thanks for pointing it out, that is my bad (incorrect WB, tricky with mixed light). Once I sample on the foreground marble , the image looks better.

• Thanks 1