This cracked me up about the Black Chrome M-A

Advertisement (gone after registration)

May I quote Leica's USA website concerning the Black Chrome Leica M-A camera: 

"its black-colored counterpart reveals the Leica logo on its accessory shoe."

Huh? I looked really really close at my accessory shoe and found no Leica logo. A silly typo error.

• Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 hours ago, Huss said:

methinks it got lost in translation

Google translate says “logo” in German is “logo” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Confused Web Editor: “I can’t see any branding on the camera in these photos.”

Marketing yelling to them down the office hallway: “I think it has the name on the top.” 

Web Editor typing: logo …on …top

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Well, technically “LEICA” with their own proprietary font represents a Logo. It is indeed a Logo.

We expect the red roundel, the stylized letters, but indeed the square LEICA word is a logo on its own.

Correct, something many people overlook.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kivis said:

That would be a font

this is a logo.

I remember having read a Leica internal memo with their strict guides on how to use their Logos and how to place them on products and publications. The Word LEICA with their proprietary square font was definitely seen/referred to as a logo.  The key being their proprietary font. 

Here are a few “this would be a font” according to you, but which actually are Logos. They are all proprietary fonts which constitute a logo. Basically, if you recognize it immediately: it’s a logo, even if it’s just a word.

Edited by Capuccino-Muffin
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

I remember having read a Leica internal memo with their strict guides on how to use their Logos and how to place them on products and publications. The Word LEICA with their proprietary square font was definitely seen/referred to as a logo.  The key being their proprietary font. 

Here are a few “this would be a font” according to you, but which actually are Logos. They are all proprietary fonts which constitute a logo. Basically, if you recognize it immediately: it’s a logo, even if it’s just a word.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Good point (BTW, I hope No one is taking this too seriously.)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kivis said:

I still say this is not a logo.

These are logos.

Agreed. Anyone who has not worked in advertising can stop arguing at this point. The all-caps monospaced  L E I C A  and  L E I C A  M-A  is not a logo not matter what they say internally. You can call it a type treatment, but it's not a logo. It's not even a badge or emblem – it's just the model name designation.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hdmesa said:

Agreed. Anyone who has not worked in advertising can stop arguing at this point. The all-caps monospaced  L E I C A  and  L E I C A  M-A  is not a logo not matter what they say internally. You can call it a type treatment, but it's not a logo. It's not even a badge or emblem – it's just the model name designation.

Daaammmnn I will now go find my marketing degree diploma and tear it to pieces: a guy who works in advertising has spoken.