Leica I A Chrome Model

Advertisement (gone after registration)

correct, but to make sure something like what you've done, you have to be very safe or Shut up ....

I've said quite clearly that the opinions are my own, I'm not an authority on historical Leica's but neither it seems are you.

As I've also said, if you think its a genuine camera then fine. I've got no interest in saying it is or isn't other than I happened to read the thread. You may have been grateful for my opinion if say you were about to buy the camera for a substantial amount of money. The more photos you post the more I'm convinced that I'm right however.

Anyway have it your way, I'm not shutting up, I'm just done with this thread. Hope you manage to put it all back together!

It looks like Mr Brillo has been having a go at the insides as well.

I hope it wasn't valuable... :)

Mr Brillo can be quite useful when on location and using an Apo-Summicron-M ASPH 90mm or 75mm and you realise that you have left your Zeiss Softars at home!

I always keep a couple in my kit-bag for emergencies of all kinds.

I'm new here and I'm delighted with the first thread I'm participating in. What a wealth of camera info. I especially like the many detailed photos. This will definitely be a great help in CLAing my next old Barnack.

Now, if you can put it all back together again and show us some nice photos taken with it, I'll be the first to acknowledge you have a very special IA indeed!

you are a very intelligent person, and the best response that I have within this site, just that question, I am not talking about the monetary value of the camera as several suggested, but researching and trying to figure out things that have response clear, not for money but for pleasure ... so thanks for intelligent opinion, and of course that I will refurbish and take pictures with her a hug.

I've said quite clearly that the opinions are my own, I'm not an authority on historical Leica's but neither it seems are you.

As I've also said, if you think its a genuine camera then fine. I've got no interest in saying it is or isn't other than I happened to read the thread. You may have been grateful for my opinion if say you were about to buy the camera for a substantial amount of money. The more photos you post the more I'm convinced that I'm right however.

Anyway have it your way, I'm not shutting up, I'm just done with this thread. Hope you manage to put it all back together!

putting everything back in place, it is my problem is not that, and if not seek a mechanic, the better your never has disarmed a Leica or one per inside. seen that looks good to take pictures of it to see, as is one on the inside, the first in this case, I am sure......

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mr Brillo can be quite useful when on location and using an Apo-Summicron-M ASPH 90mm or 75mm and you realise that you have left your Zeiss Softars at home!

I always keep a couple in my kit-bag for emergencies of all kinds.

can lead the lenses you want, what matters is what you do with them, either with more expensive or less expensive, Mr. bag full of expensive lenses

This is an appalling copy russian, for those who never see one, nor have a Leica model a original in your hands .....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...

And it's a chrome plated 1(a), which was not otherwise issued as a stock item by Leitz Wetzlar -- so the first of the specials made for HC-B by Leitz during his career

• 2 weeks later...
What's the serial number of this camera?

According to my Leica book there were no chrome cameras but there we some gold plated 'Luxus' ones.

The camera above looks like it has some sort of gold finish to it, but also looks like someone has been at it with coarse sandpaper. It still doesn't look 'right' to my eye, the wear isn't consistent with typical use, rather that its been made to look worn.

See here Russian Fake Leicas

not everything is written in the books ......

and in the end....here is she.