What are best practices for shooting video with a Q2?

Probably nothing new, but the internal audio is not any good.

A sum-up of the video recording with the Q2 here: Video with Leica Q2 - my 2cents: make sure you have the right shutter speed which is 1/50 if you are recording at 24fps and 1/60 if you are recording at 30fps.

If you have it, mount an ND filter for shooting outdoor, this way you can avoid having the f aperture all the way down to f/11 or smaller.

While for the audio (external recording that you will have to sync later): Mic for the your Q2

If you don't have an external mic, eventually, a cheap lavalier mic connected to your smartphone would be better anyway. Just don't use the internal audio. If you don't need to speak and you are using music just forget what I said.

Hope this helps. Tom

Edited by TomBC
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/15/2022 at 11:18 PM, TomBC said:

Probably nothing new, but the internal audio is not any good.

A sum-up of the video recording with the Q2 here: Video with Leica Q2 - my 2cents: make sure you have the right shutter speed which is 1/50 if you are recording at 24fps and 1/60 if you are recording at 30fps.

If you have it, mount an ND filter for shooting outdoor, this way you can avoid having the f aperture all the way down to f/11 or smaller.

While for the audio (external recording that you will have to sync later): Mic for the your Q2

If you don't have an external mic, eventually, a cheap lavalier mic connected to your smartphone would be better anyway. Just don't use the internal audio. If you don't need to speak and you are using music just forget what I said.

Hope this helps. Tom

Very helpful Tom.  Much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, Alexia said:

Very helpful Tom.  Much appreciated.

I come back to this, as a few months passed and technology improved a lot.

specifically for audio: when recording externally, with any means you'll have available, there is now a very interesting tool from Adobe that would enhance the audio recording.

Have a look here:

https://podcast.adobe.com/enhance#

• Thanks 1