Considering switching to the SL2-S/Q2 kit for weddings

bcapphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Follow-up question for those with experience with the SL2-S system at weddings and events - how does the 50mm Summicron APO and 75mm Summicron APO shape up against each other? Does one obviously stand out from the other? Specifically in the AF department; do you prefer 1 over the other? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bcapphoto said:

Ha - I mean ... sort of. But also open to a good, healthy discussion about it! I just don't have experience shooting the system itself so I was more looking to get that kind of 1st hand experience. I appreciate your feedback though! Which Canon do you shoot with?

I have 3 x R5's now. When I shot with SL for weddings (until only 8-10 weeks ago) I had 2 x SL2 and 2 x SL2-s.

btw with your other question about 50 vs 75 cron, af speed is near identical. I don't own either but I did try them out once. Lovely lenses. Personally I went the 50 lux and 90/2 route.

20 hours ago, bcapphoto said:

Specifically in the AF department

same speed on all my summicron-SL lenses

there are different AF modes to try and see what is best for you. and the different AF fields make a different when you point it to different subjects.. 

It is not like the Sony where I never change the settings after you set it.

But I have created Profiles for the different application and it is easy to change.