Screw Mount Voigtländer Color-Skopar 21mm f4 on the CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello folks,

to get the maximum "Schraubleica" (Barnack) feeling on my digital CL I want to mount an old screw mount version of the Voigtländer Color-Skopar f4 (on the right on the sample photo). Ive only came across the newer m-mount version and in an older post here, it was said that the CA issue and soft corners are no problem on the CL with this newer version because of the APS-C format. Has anybody tested this with the screw mount version? I think it would lend the CL a much more vintage look over all.

Also I havent found any photos with this older version mounted to the CL. Does anybody have this set-up and can post a sample image how it would look like?

Thanks in advance and happy shooting.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M mount and screw mount Skopar 21/4 share the same optics according to Cameraquest. I have no experience with the SM version but the M version works fine on the digital CL and can be hand coded if needed. It is a bit softer with more vignetting at f/4 than the Skopar 21/3.5 but it has less CA than the later, none of them producing red edges on the CL.

Am 7.2.2022 um 23:42 schrieb lct:

M mount and screw mount Skopar 21/4 share the same optics according to Cameraquest. I have no experience with the SM version but the M version works fine on the digital CL and can be hand coded if needed. It is a bit softer with more vignetting at f/4 than the Skopar 21/3.5 but it has less CA than the later, none of them producing red edges on the CL.

Thanks for your reply. I think it was you that mentioned that the lens works really great on the CL in an older postm right? The samples looked quite good. But as I wrote it would be great just style-wise to have a look at the older LTM version.

If anybody has this combination. I would welcome some sample images of the camera with the lens mounted.

3 minutes ago, Melissen-Ghost said:

Thanks for your reply. I think it was you that mentioned that the lens works really great on the CL in an older postm right? The samples looked quite good. But as I wrote it would be great just style-wise to have a look at the older LTM version.

If anybody has this combination. I would welcome some sample images of the camera with the lens mounted.

I don't recall if i wrote about the CV 21/4 or the CV 21/3.5 but the focus "stick" of the latter proves handy (to me) on the CL so perhaps it feels the same on the LTM 21/4. I have no experience with it though sorry. BTW you know that you need 2 adapters to fit LTM lenses on the CL don't you. Hand coding might become more difficult then if you are interested in 6-bit coding. Tried only once to no avail personally but I'm not a good tinkerer.