If the CL2 is announced next week

Advertisement (gone after registration)

you can thank/blame me.  Just ordered a new CL + 18mm kit.  As I was unable to handle the CL prior to the order, I hope I don’t regret this.  But I have been looking for a replacement for a Panasonic LX5 for travel and hiking for a while.

Considered the Fuji X100V but didn’t think I’d be satisfied with a single focal length.  Also considered various Fuji ILCs but kept coming back to the cleaner look of the CL and lack of buttons for features I’d probably seldom use.

Bit of a struggle to find the camera & lens kit.  Contacted multiple vendors whose websites said ‘in stock’ only to be told that was incorrect.  Anyhow - the wait for delivery begins.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2022 at 2:09 AM, 1stLeica said:

you can thank/blame me.  Just ordered a new CL + 18mm kit.  As I was unable to handle the CL prior to the order, I hope I don’t regret this.  But I have been looking for a replacement for a Panasonic LX5 for travel and hiking for a while.

Considered the Fuji X100V but didn’t think I’d be satisfied with a single focal length.  Also considered various Fuji ILCs but kept coming back to the cleaner look of the CL and lack of buttons for features I’d probably seldom use.

Bit of a struggle to find the camera & lens kit.  Contacted multiple vendors whose websites said ‘in stock’ only to be told that was incorrect.  Anyhow - the wait for delivery begins.

Congrats on your new camera, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Dont worry about a CL2 appearing soon.. It is an extremely improbable event....

Edited by Daedalus2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boojay said:

Yes well, didn't take me long to cave in, I went ahead and got another.  Having had other kit away at Wetzler, I knew I was going to be without mine for a minimum of a month, and just couldn't take it😉.

This is quite some endorsement of the CL 🙂

• Like 1

I bought a CL for my Dad as a retirement gift with an 18TL, Summicron C, and M to L adapter.

After researching the CL, updating the settings/firmware and playing around with my Dad’s for a bit…I ended up purchasing a CL for myself and 2 M lenses about a month later.  It’s a great camera.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, J Peterman said:

I bought a CL for my Dad as a retirement gift with an 18TL, Summicron C, and M to L adapter.

After researching the CL, updating the settings/firmware and playing around with my Dad’s for a bit…I ended up purchasing a CL for myself and 2 M lenses about a month later.  It’s a great camera.

A very generous gift. I hope he enjoys it. If you haven't already seen it, do have a look at my article https://www.davidaskham.com/using-the-leica-cl which might help one or other new owner.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Boojay said:

Yes well, didn't take me long to cave in, I went ahead and got another.  Having had other kit away at Wetzler, I knew I was going to be without mine for a minimum of a month, and just couldn't take it😉.

Congratulations, I was actually going to suggest you getting another one as a backup, as I dont see the CL line continuing unfortunately..

From my side, for anyone who is questioning if the camera is worth it these days, I had one of the first CLs in the UK, I sold it because I wanted to try some other cameras, but in the last few months I bought another one again. I am so happy I "rediscovered" this beautiful camera...

Edited by Daedalus2000
  • Like 2

Just now, Studienkamera said:

Great to have the originator of the CL image thread back on board. It is certainly one of my favourite threads on this forum.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I have to say, having posted in other forums here and in other places, that this one is one of the best in terms of the friendly support and encouragement. I will try to post more.

• Like 4

OP, thank you for the head-sup. I got this first pick of LC2 from China. They are always right and I hope they are right again this time!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7