Used S3 prices

setuporg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am going to guess that production numbers for the s3 will be lower than the 007 and 006 due to more competition, sl2 m11, etc.

so I would guess prices will not get down to 007 prices as quickly.  Great camera though… so I guess I’ll see how long it takes.

Robb

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2022 at 8:46 PM, setuporg said:

With the 007, we could pick up a mint used one in 2019 for around 5-6K and can still do it now.  So it fell to $5K range in 4-5 years after launch.

When can we expect to see the same prices for used S3?

The announcement was in 2018 with a much delayed launch in 2020.  I don't see used prices below 14-15K.  That was also the trade-in price for 007 upgrade (and you didn't have to give up the 007).  That didn't make sense to me and still doesn't.  I like the 007.

I wonder if we'll ever see low prices on used S3, as there seems to be no sales.  Perhaps they make them just in time...  I've seen someone here say that prices are dropping step by step, but I've not seen it.  What do y'all think?  A used S3 for $5K in 2024?  Ever?

It’s 2024! Not $5k but $8k+

I’m sure once the S4 is shipping we’ll see a drop. I’m crossing my fingers for $3999!

• Like 1