M10 Monochrom price drop?

monTeur

On 10/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, monTeur said:

Does anybody know if there is a price drop expected, after the camera is nearly 2 years old now? 

Cheers, S

Not until M11 monochrom is released. I highly recommend the version 1 if you don’t want to spend the cash for the M10M. 

While the M10M is far better in my eyes (my favorite M camera I’ve ever had and I’ve owned them all), the OG Monochrom is awesome. M246 are coming way down in price so might be worth one. I never bonded with my multiple attempts with one. 

Edited by dkmoore

Yes, that's my point as well. I have an M10 but would love to own a monochrom also because I shoot a lot of black and white anyways.

M10M is still too expensive for me, I'm already looking for a used M246. But I love the slim design, the button layout and all of the M10 i own already... 

@monTeur

While waiting for the ideal Monochrom (M10-M or M11-M), why not do with affordable Monochrom MM1/MM2 ?

I'm happy user of MM1 before M10, so this was natural for me.

Since I added the M246 to the family, I don't want M10-M anymore, or as I said sometimes, if there is M10-MD (screenless-Monochrom),

or M11-MD, even then I think that my two Monochroms are enough for me, not good for Leica business though.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, monTeur said:

Does anybody know if there is a price drop expected, after the camera is nearly 2 years old now? 

Cheers, S

Yes, there is a price drop in the works for the M10 Monochrom.

It is set for the third Friday of the second financial quarter right after hell freezes over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/7/2021 at 2:59 PM, monTeur said:

Yes, that's my point as well. I have an M10 but would love to own a monochrom also because I shoot a lot of black and white anyways.

M10M is still too expensive for me, I'm already looking for a used M246. But I love the slim design, the button layout and all of the M10 i own already... 

You could try a Q2M.  Makes a good partner to the M10.