M10-D production numbers?

Datsch

12 hours ago, newtoleica said:

I sold mine after a few months back in 2021. Would like to get another but seem to be pure unobtainium in the UK.....

@newtoleica I know what you mean. I only saw two for sale in the UK in 2022: one at mpb and one at lce bristol.

My trick is to seach google images, past week option, and make sure "Leica M10-D" is in quotes otherwise it takes -D as meaning 'exclude the letter D'

There is one advertised in Italy at the moment, but I cannot vouch for it not being a scam or something:

https://www.msmaterialefotografico.it/prodotti/fotocamera-leica-m10-d/

Good luck,  /datsch

56 minutes ago, Datsch said:

...There is one advertised in Italy at the moment...

My language skills are pretty much non-existent, Datsch, but even I can have a good guess as to what the bit circled means...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On the 'plus' side this screen-grab was taken some 50 mins after your post so perhaps Brendan got in there earlier?

Interesting to see that the M10-D appears to be just as difficult to find as the M-D Typ-262. I wonder if Leica might consider putting-out, say, a couple of thousand M11-D cameras after all?

🤔

Philip.

Edited by pippy

3 minutes ago, pippy said:

My language skills are pretty much non-existent, Datsch, but even I can have a good guess as to what the bit circled means...

On the 'plus' side this screen-grab was taken some 50 mins after your post so perhaps Brendan got in there earlier?

Philip.

Ah! You are quite right, I think 'Venduta' does mean 'sold' in Italian ... oh well ...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably does help much, but mine is 5332412 & here are some others I found..

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 12:08 AM, FranciscoChung said:

Probably does help much, but mine is 5332412 & here are some others I found..

Thanks for the serial numbers! All new to my list except 5492540 which has been on the Arte de Mano cases website, modelling a snazzy half case.

12 hours ago, david court said:

Mine is 5501326

Thanks @david court

I now have serial numbers for 60 cameras.

They are in 29 batches. I am not yet convinced that the m10-d's were all built out to the full 100 per batch. But perhaps there really are 2900 M10-Ds out there, all being happily used.

It's been noted that Leica have a bin of hot shoes with serial numbers that they just grab out of a bin, and shared among models being built, so they may be built days apart (or even same day) but not have sequential serial numbers. I could be wrong but that is how I've read they did it in the past. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...