Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 50mm f/2 Aspherical VM lens to be announced soon

padam

I'm thinking about selling off a 28mm f/5.6 Summaron that I've never really enjoyed using with my M3, for obvious reasons (lack of frame lines). It may be sacrilege to some measurable degree, but I think I'm going to replace it with this APO-Lanthar. Totally apples and oranges, but...

37 minutes ago, Stephen.s1 said:

Got mine.  More than pleased. 

Was able to take some more pictures with it today. Also more than pleased. Very smooth and easy focussing, and very nice working aperture ring. Sharp corner to corner at every aperture, no weird bokeh, there is however noticeable vignetting full open. This lens deserves its own M body (what about one with higher viewfinder magnification...) 😃 .

Very happy with the purchase. So happy that I ordered the not-yet-in-stock hood too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stephen.s1 said:

Just ordered the hood.   Figured if the lens wasn't better than my Summicron I'd return it.  It's a keeper.. thus the hood order.  Now I'll wait for a 35mm  APO Lanthar.

Voigtlander is getting better and better. I'm astonished by their rapid progress over the last two years. And prices still below more or less 1000 EUR. They should start to think of new digital Bessa body...

• Like 4

Mine arrived today- no chance to shoot anything outside with the lens. Looking at it, handling it- struck me how close in size it is to my Pentax 85/4.5. The Pentax was priced much higher than the APO-Lanthar was, 50 years ago. Same 49mm size for filters and hood. The APO-Lanthar is heavier. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Edax said:

Was able to take some more pictures with it today. Also more than pleased. Very smooth and easy focussing, and very nice working aperture ring. Sharp corner to corner at every aperture, no weird bokeh, there is however noticeable vignetting full open. This lens deserves its own M body (what about one with higher viewfinder magnification...) 😃 .

Very happy with the purchase. So happy that I ordered the not-yet-in-stock hood too.

FYI....I just got a couple of these metal hoods for some of my other Leica / VC lenses, the price is stupid so I wasn't expecting much but it was worth a shot. In fact they are really good and I find them to be very close in build and quality as the Leica/VC vented offerings.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/49mm-Vented-Curved-Metal-lens-Hood-for-Leica-Canon-Nikon-Sony-Panasonic-cap/261745189618?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item3cf13aa2f2:g:hOIAAOSwm8VUwgXv&amdata=enc%3AAQAFAAACgBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkXKoKcbeZcOrOku%2BoOBl%2BS2KQ3rCxf73atlyoJ1MqNLw6dCFget5KnwrY7FaHmXwQTiSVIhVNU0oCr0QWKyXuTrDsozivIaZv0k13DH7sCHFBhtDXX4I4IShXfXMyDOmNHVjx9NT39aEUEIOANZqhLvFy8SIqNl9%2Fbya4aW1t3dzHoxRGm5fW3PMoZI0hd5%2FWJy%2F5R4iswr8qkYyV4oCjLnm6VhOcwkRCsq0YM%2Fw0KsUlwnXmMJIQDnzhOTxkL1Wb93%2FUBpC8TmWIPzIM0624b4Z5CYqYRuH5y6hx3fKbSLyqwW7MQ7F6A%2Bdh6Sgm7eyNlKuR%2Bi2BhZo9kYwY0STvD2cxAoaGeUgqTNv3cJzvmwFS0P2CTqB2SgexWETjwvJB8TNKZEmirJDDCkvuw9y5IZBtvDz4Ov4Y83Pbiic5kpP0lbrRPNEEgMN70lX8RoCpwKFWFxTkex0w%2F%2F6i5EZJpWqcPYsSCK6B9Qg4lo6kcKPp0ZGwQugz%2BnXCSD1ueJ87an6tCyhXcucRYh7ah6J7FYMBsXLpeMqi%2FXj2iWxHU%2BkAGB7Cl6V%2FUucK2pnP4KTLLQv375MZl%2FnOgh3hg7f3lrMgORu8X4SaMaGClN9gHr13BucIjmctFJfLN71T1MdTJkbR5oKM3nIn7hhHpU11wucSp%2BWba1rafzGF%2BuQO%2FriklFIo30lB7BxZ9KdyTbjlQ0H2CPEJp%2F6B6TI5zcnRhLS0MeyRpct3X7QiFlAaKoiaN0CetNaDKHzQa8hPXbJHWm%2FfgINChL%2BI%2F7phZGtrVucujKiUJVdIjGibLVMj588%3D|cksum%3A261745189618ac5da080ee4c4434a559c0d7062fa60b|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2334524

Got mine just an hour ago.

After taking few shots, I have to admit that CA is still there but turns out to be red fringing, not purple. Kinda weird.😐

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mine is well centered and crazy sharp to the corners on an M10-R. I do the "Fred Miranda" test handheld at infinity overlooking the city from a mountain road pull out. It appears (from memory) to be comparable for this test, to the E Mount version on a A7RIV (now sold) and my SL 50 Summicron on SL2, will compare all three later. The designs are a bit different between E Mount and M mount (different glass spec). I got green fringing on some out of focus chainlink fence behind the subject, but I have not tested for that specifically.

On this body, my infinity best focus is a tiny tiny bit before the stop. Not as much as the E Mount was. I need to try it on other bodies and at other distances with the Vispflex to check calibration. Photos are in focus so far though!

Edited by Rob L
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sutlore said:

Got mine just an hour ago.

After taking few shots, I have to admit that CA is still there but turns out to be red fringing, not purple. Kinda weird.😐

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thatis quite some CA. Which M type do you use? 

I took mine out on the M9 today, after seeing the red fringing above decided to use a Heliopan UV/IR filter to eliminate IR leakage on the M9.

At F2-

And at F4-

F2,

https://i.ibb.co/M5sGtRL/L1022961.jpg[/im

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1