Leica Finger Grip Recommended with Hand Grip: what does small size mean?

I think it is a matter of personal preference not height or glove size.  Try it and see if you like it--many of my trials are in a junk drawer.  Personally, I use a sling type strap and half case.  Plenty of grip and fast getting camera in action, and nothing attached to my hand walking around. 

Might it not be wiser to start using the camera as-is and then, over time decide what might improve your experience? These things are so personal. For instance, quite a few people  enthuse over half-cases of various brands. Personally I hate the things. Would I buy one on Forum recommendation, it would end up at the bottom of a forgotten drawer within days. The same with finger loops. I find them restrictive and they tend to bend your fingers backwards when carrying the camera. A hand-strap is far more comfortable in my experience.

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Charlie Sweet:

Very helpful. Thank you. Could I ask: recommendations for sling style strap and half-case. I am just learning and at the "bottom of the curve" now. 

My recommendation is the Peak Design system. You can have a strap and a hand sling and change fast between the two.

8 hours ago, Trankster said:

I think it is a matter of personal preference not height or glove size.  Try it and see if you like it--many of my trials are in a junk drawer.  Personally, I use a sling type strap and half case.  Plenty of grip and fast getting camera in action, and nothing attached to my hand walking around. 

I like the Peak Design Leash.  For half cases, search for discussions here.  Be sure you choose one with access to the battery and SD card without removing the case.

I use a loop and the size is important. Small for small hands, medium for medium hands and large for large hands. I have a large loop and have never found it uncomfortable. Far from it - I can carry the Q that way for prolonged periods. I think it's fantastic and strongly recommend it. I use my Q in conjunction with a Billingham 72 bag. I keep the grip, loop and hood on at all times and it's ready to go in an instant.

For the record I have three cameras and use different carrying systems for each – Ricoh GRIII, wrist strap and pocket; Leica Q, as above; Nikon Z, sling. Horses for courses.