Leica M-A, M6, MP image differences

The images will be identical provided that the cameras are in proper working condition.

If one of them has been abused to the point where the shutter, diaphragm, or film advance is not working properly, you will probably notice a difference in the images.

The Leica M camera body is essentially 'just' a light tight box to hold the film, and incorporates a shutter. Some include a light meter as well, and some have different frame lines or viewfinder maginification.  

They do handle differently, minor differences perhaps, but it is worth checking them out in person to see which you prefer. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, i read and watch many reviews and wanted to make sure there’s no difference in the image.

I probably watched thousands of photos and like 3 lenses, 50 APO, 28 summilux and 50 noctilux 0.95. I like night time photos and think to buy 50 apo and 28 summilux or one 50 noctilux.

This not for professional use, just for life

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Having used many "older" Leica M's ... two things I'd ask: What are my preferred focal lengths? And, how often do I need to service (CLA) these bodies? Of these, the second question might be more relevant as I don't know if replacement parts are becoming scare for "older" bodies, i.e., M6 down to the M3. As of this moment, at least three or four qualified Leica repair people are working in the US. Don't know the situation elsewhere though.

Just my 2-cents.

\

On 6/17/2020 at 11:49 PM, pippy said:

I don't know about wine and glasses, but Coke tastes better from a glass bottle vs a can. 😀

While an image will be identical if taken with the same lens, film and exposure regardless of body, what also matters is the user experience of the body. I prefer auto exposure, so I'd prefer to use a M7 vs a MP or M6.