Firmware Update Tips

erniethemilk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just picked up a used M10-P yesterday and noticed the firmware is not the latest.

I've read through the instructions on how to upgrade firmware and seems straight forward enough, just wondering if anything else is to be considered.  I've done upgrades in the past plenty of times with the likes of Fujifilm cameras, but obviously as a new (to me) camera, don't want to make any mistakes with it!

If you have user profiles, export them to a SD card first, then load them again after update. Most updates prompt you to do this, sometimes they don't. Most times you can export them to the same SD card as you use for the update - I usually do - but the paranoid may wish to use a separate SD card.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Had you downloaded the right file ?

Firmware (2.7.5.0) Leica M10-P

Firmware
Chinese English French German Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Polish Russian Taiwanese
Date: 09/04/2019 Format: FW (114.34 MB)

Going further...

if yes,
when you are at the page showing grayed 2.6.5.1 what had you done ?
  • Thanks 1

Have you extracted the firmware update file and copied it to the root directory ('home' directory) of your SD card?

When I used to use Windoze computers I needed to download the zipped file, extract the update file and drag it onto the root directory on the SD card.  I use Macs now and the extraction takes place automatically.

Since you're seeing a greyed-out menu item it suggests to me that your M10 maybe can't find an upgrade file where it expects it to be - or can't see it because it's encased inside a compressed (zipped) file.

Pete.

• Thanks 1

Could also be because you've downloaded the FW update more than once onto the same card? This has happened to me.In this case it overwrites  the original  download and adds a no.2 or 3 to the file name which the camera doesn't recognise. You have to reformat card and download again.

Edited by michali

4 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

The right file must be copied in the root of SD card !

Not in 100xxxx directory.

IS it the right file for M10-P ?

That's what I suspected, thanks, have copied file to root.

File Name is: M10-P-2.7.5.0-CUSTOMER.FW which shows as correct M10-P firmware download.

I've re-formatted SD card each time tried so far, so no duplicates of FW on the card.

8 hours ago, Peter Kilmister said:

@erniethemilk Welcome to the M10-P users. A fabulous camera and I am pleased you have updated the firmware. Please show us some photos when you are ready.

P.S. I am in West Sussex. Get in touch if you are nearby. 

Thanks Peter, appreciate your comments. I'm in Sunny Worcestershire so not too close unfortunately. First impressions of the camera are fantastic.