Zeiss Biogon lense suggestions for TL body?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Curious if anyone has experience for Zeiss Biogon lense options that work well on the TL in the 35mm equivalent range?

I'm ideally looking for options that also work on my Fuji XT2 which reduces the list of choices:

Biogon T*21mmF2.8 ZM

Biogon T*25mmF2.8 ZM

Biogon T*28mmF2.8 ZM

Biogon T*35mmF2 ZM

I'm leaning towards the 25 as it is closer to 35mm equivalent though interested in image quality/handling feedback. Open to similar Voigtlander options should you have suggestions. 

Many people sang the praises of the Biogon 25mm ZM f/2.8 T* when I was using the Ricoh GXR with M-mount camera unit on it. The T/TL/TL2/CL should work fine with it. 

I don't know anything about the sensor match with a Fuji XT2. 

I use the 50/2 Zeiss on my CL and I really love the results, I had the 35/2 too which was great too. I sold it just to clean up my lens park. I expect that you will have great results on your TL too.

In the past I have used the 25 f2.8 ZM with great success.  I am also presently using the 18 f4.0 zm - it is my favorite 28mm equivalent .. on my TL2.

Here is a sample  .. Leica T with 25 f2.8 zm:

https://s3h5x8b3.stackpathcdn.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-39693-0-58564700-1478292388.jpg

I would be surprised if any of them worked well on the Fuji.  It has a thick sensor stack and doesn't do well with M mount lenses.  I have an Xpro-2 and an X-T3 and I've tried the compact Voigtlander 21/4 & 35/2.5 and the 35 Summicron 35 asph and they are problematic at the edges.  The Voigtlander 15 v1 is ok and the 35/Summicron v1 8 element is better than the aspheric but neither is as sharp at the edges as the Fuji lenses.  The only one of mine that does well is the Voigtlander 28/1.9 which is a more retro focus design.

Gerry 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use the ZM’s  Sonnar 1.5/50, the Biogon-C 2.8/35, the Biogon 2.8/25, the.Distagon 4/18 and a Voigtländer Ultra Wide Heliar 5.6/12 mm., together wit a Leica Summarit 2.4/75 mm. as my complete set of very compact and not to expensive lenses for the CL.

Absolutely no complaint about any of the lenses. They are together a beautiful color consistent match for the camera. And because of the crop-sensor all very sharp, up to in the corners.

Would love to trade in the Summarit for a ZM Sonnar 2/85. to complete the Zeiss set, but they are like golddust. Not to be found and when they are for sale (Japan, Korea an U.S.A). , very, very expensive. So I have long given up that pipe-dream!.

So you can’t go wrong with the Biogon 2.8/25!, even on a M or SL. Good results on these camera’s too.

Edited by AndreasAM