Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

RE: the Q2 using SL batteries.

I wouldn't mind this at all, since I have a spare SL battery laying around in my dry cabinet, but this would imply that they designed a new SD card door which I don't see in any of the leaked photos. The SL battery is quite a bit larger (and thicker) than the existing Q/CL battery, and the SD card would have to go in from the other side of the camera, which is also doubtful considering how large the lens is. 

Yes SD is still on the bottom, which is covered with rubber as with the SL  

SL battery on the right part as the previous one. 

Sole SD card on the left part behind a sealed door. No side access, neither dual card slot sadly. For that just wait the SL2 in a few months. 

Edited by nicci78

32 minutes ago, macmania said:

Thought or hoped the Q2 will get the EVF from the Panasonic S1R (technically).

I think we can expect that. Leica won't decrease the resolution of the EVF. It might be technically the same OLED technology like in the CL, but with different specs.

The sensor resolution already gives a hint that some hardware is shared with the Panasonic thus i expect the same for the EVF. It is also logical regarding cost reduction

8 hours ago, chineseleaf said:

My heart is broken.

I bought my Q on the end of last month, and a couple of days later, I was told that the Q2 will be released in this March...:(

I got an email from Leica only yesterday pushing me to buy the “old” Q or Q-P and blah blah how good they are

i think its seriously disingenuous and pretty much has turned me off 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hillavoider said:

I got an email from Leica only yesterday pushing me to buy the “old” Q or Q-P and blah blah how good they are

i think its seriously disingenuous and pretty much has turned me off 

I would think that both Q models will coexist in the market for a time, at least. Not everyone wants or needs the higher resolution sensor.

2 minutes ago, dancook said:

I have a slightly worry moving from Q to Q2 might be like moving from M9 to M10.

Sure you get technological advancement, but I love the contrasty character of the  Q

Dan, live with that which works for you rather than stepping into the unknown or unproven.

• Like 1