Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

From what I’ve been told : Q2 will be a huge success

cheap, yes. As cheap as a premium Leica can be. Not much more than actual Q. Which stays on sale for a little bit less

Widely available : already in production in good quantity. 

All rumors pictures are true. 47MP true. Weather sealing true. CL menu and UI style. Same lens

But no more cheap batteries. New weathersealed one à la SL push to release. 

New thumb rest in option. 

Maybe same handgrip. 

Huge jump in build quality (unibody case, as predicted) but heavier though. Just picture it as a small SL with the Q design.

Huge jump in IQ : DR, ISO, resolution, etc... 

Edited by nicci78
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

From what I’ve been told : Q2 will be a huge success

cheap, yes. As cheap as a premium Leica can be. Not much more than actual Q. Which stays on sale for a little bit less

Widely available : already in production in good quantity. 

All accessories will change. No more cheap batteries. SL style one. New thumb rest in option.

Huge jump in build quality (unibody case, as predicted) but heavier though. Just picture it as a small SL with the Q design.

Huge jump in IQ : DR, ISO, resolution, etc... 

that's exciting :)

The SL battery isn't cheap (no 3rd party supply as yet -- this may change), but it provides good water sealing.  The battery compartment on Panasonic, CL, and Sony bodies is known to be a serious moisture entry point, seen in tests by Imaging Resource and a teardown at LensRentals.

I had a pretty good deal (both in terms of price and tax free) on the Q-P that I jut bought a few weeks ago (my first Leica) but it was burning my soul that I was buying a 4 year old camera when a 2019 model of the same one is allegedly about to hit the market.  So I just now returned my 4 week old Q-P and am Leica-less again, just as I was for my entire life before last month.  If I didn’t have the clean return option, I (being an amateur) would have a pretty hard time justifying the upgrade, but given the choice at this point, I think it a clear answer!  Bring on the Q2.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MCJ said:

I had a pretty good deal (both in terms of price and tax free) on the Q-P that I jut bought a few weeks ago (my first Leica) but it was burning my soul that I was buying a 4 year old camera when a 2019 model of the same one is allegedly about to hit the market.  So I just now returned my 4 week old Q-P and am Leica-less again, just as I was for my entire life before last month.  If I didn’t have the clean return option, I (being an amateur) would have a pretty hard time justifying the upgrade, but given the choice at this point, I think it a clear answer!  Bring on the Q2.  

Now that I’ve read about all the great improvements, I would have done the same as you. When you get a Q2 you’ll have the latest technology and can enjoy it without any reservations for years to come. 

22 minutes ago, MCJ said:

I’m impressed that you were able to negotiate a (no reason given)  return option to be used after 4 week and a good tax free deal. Unless the item was faulty,  I don’t know a dealer that could/would agree to that in the U.K.  Our taxes aren’t flexible and returned goods wouldn’t / couldn’t then be classed as “new” , even if the goods were unmarked.  You must have added some shots.  What country are you in?

First impressions suggest you will get exactly what you want without any risk.  Nice if you can get it!

Afterthought : I think such a deal might be possible here provided the purchase was via mail order/internet, and not directly in person in a shop.   Not sure about tax free though.

Edited by lucerne