Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)

You’ll have to wait until June 😜

and be prepare to pay much more than the Q. Lumix S1R hints is to 47MP sensor cost. I guess that Q will stay on market with a very slight discount. 

Leica heads to 4 years renewal rate now : June 2019 for Q2 and certainly October 2019 for SL2. They will certainly share the same 47MP sensor. 

Edited by nicci78
  • Like 1

Wow.  So having just purchased the Q-P, like I’m in the return window still, what now?   I’m an amateur photog.  Do I return the thing and wait?   Took me forever to finally buy this damn thing!!   Oh man. 

Edited by MCJ

3 minutes ago, MCJ said:

Wow.  So having just purchased the Q-P, like I’m in the return window still, what now?   I’m an amateur photog.  Do I return the thing and wait?   Took me forever to finally buy this damn thing!!   Oh man. 

Enjoy your Q-P. It’s a great camera. A classic! Regardless of what specifications a Q2 has, it’ll still be a great camera very capable of taking gorgeous images. 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Infiniumguy said:

Enjoy your Q-P. It’s a great camera. A classic! Regardless of what specifications a Q2 has, it’ll still be a great camera very capable of taking gorgeous images. 

I am thinking you’re right.  Truth is that this camera was hard to justify given my skill level in the first place, so maybe I just learn to use it, get better with it and in the highly unlikely event that I find it limits me, I can sell it and upgrade one day.  

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 minutes ago, MCJ said:

I am thinking you’re right.  Truth is that this camera was hard to justify given my skill level in the first place, so maybe I just learn to use it, get better with it and in the highly unlikely event that I find it limits me, I can sell it and upgrade one day.  

I can assure you that the Q will most likely not be the limitation on your photography. It is a very expensive camera, but in my 60 years of photography, it is my all time favorite. It is so capable, engaging, fun and delivers truly magical images. 

I will look at the Q2, but whether I move to it will depend a lot on what core improvements it has. Had I a Q-P, it would be an even harder choice. 

I’ve learned over many years to not “upgrade” cameras until I really understand the one I have and can clearly see I have exceeded its capability in some area. Then it makes sense perhaps to find a “better” camera. 

Enjoy your Q-P and plan on a Q3 down the road. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Viv said:

Be careful. When the Q2 arrives, the next firmware update for the Q will degrade the camera’s capabilities by 37%, thus fircing Q owners to buy the Q2 immediately.

Is this a serious comment?  Seems fanciful to me.  

1 hour ago, Viv said:

Be careful. When the Q2 arrives, the next firmware update for the Q will degrade the camera’s capabilities by 37%, thus fircing Q owners to buy the Q2 immediately.

Isn' it what Apple does to sell its newest products?

1 hour ago, Viv said:

No respectable company would do such a thing. Ridiculous and counterproductive.

It would demonstrate that the next camera is not better tan the "old" one.

For me there is no need for a new Q(P): not even a with more pixels: when you  want to blow up the measures to 1x2meter, the DNG from 24 megapixel is good enough. More functions? I would prefer less. A zoomlens? please not: bigger, louder shutter, more lenses to move.

I am happy with my Q. I hope it will not become a camera for everything.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:33 AM, MCJ said:

Its never about limitations but about lust (aka GAS). If your within the window and you find yourself one that likes to have the latest and greatest then the answer is to return and get yourself on the waiting list. While most folks on this forum don't know exactly when the Q2 will actually be released, it is a fact that the Q1 is at the end of its product lifecycle (Leica wise).

Like most have said, the Q1 is a fantastic camera that will never limit you, except for the limited focal length, if that matters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dkmoore said:

Its never about limitations but about lust (aka GAS). If your within the window and you find yourself one that likes to have the latest and greatest then the answer is to return and get yourself on the waiting list. While most folks on this forum don't know exactly when the Q2 will actually be released, it is a fact that the Q1 is at the end of its product lifecycle (Leica wise).

Like most have said, the Q1 is a fantastic camera that will never limit you, except for the limited focal length, if that matters.

Being a “latest and greatest” guy is an expensive way to live.  If you’re a pro, or even an enrhusiast who is really getting all you can out of a camera and it is in some way limiting your craft, I can see the logic of being a latest and greatest type.  Otherwise, I think it’s not rational in this particular case other than to soothe ones ego or in service of some other personal psychological/neurotic need   Unfortunately, I might be the neurotic one who gets the latest and greatest based on some indefensible fear that I will be missing out on something.  Maybe I need a shrink!   🙂    I’m not sure what I will do now. I keep flip flopping but my return deadline will certainly force my hand soon enough!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MCJ said:

Being a “latest and greatest” guy is an expensive way to live.  If you’re a pro, or even an enrhusiast who is really getting all you can out of a camera and it is in some way limiting your craft, I can see the logic of being a latest and greatest type.  Otherwise, I think it’s not rational in this particular case other than to soothe ones ego or in service of some other personal psychological/neurotic need   Unfortunately, I might be the neurotic one who gets the latest and greatest based on some indefensible fear that I will be missing out on something.  Maybe I need a shrink!   🙂    I’m not sure what I will do now. I keep flip flopping but my return deadline will certainly force my hand soon enough!   

Certainly not an ego issue with buying camera equipment. If we are talking exotic boats, houses, cars, maybe.. BUT, I certainly agree their is a neurotic component, at least for myself.  😂

The good news is, you can’t go wrong with whichever decision you make. 

Leica Q2 is real and imminent : it is listed inside FOTOS app 1.1 code source along the new S3 

Also mentioned : 64MP (S3) and 47MP (Q2) 

We will have to wait until April-May-June 2019 to see the Q2  

SL2 is not ready though, but will certainly use 47MP Panasonic S1R sensor also. Maybe release in September-October 2019

https://www.chassimages.com/forum/index.php?topic=289784.0

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by nicci78
  • Like 3

• jaapv changed the title to Q2 47 mps, Dirt & Drip proof & new EVF (FWIW!)