35mm shots

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had an oil change today.

35 summilux pre-asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:19 PM, heatlarx said:

Leica M10-P + Summicron 35mm ASPH

Very evocative of: https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/bert-stern-b-1929-smirnoff-great-4952874-details.aspx

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:12 AM, colint544 said:

Haha, magician!

Thanks - of course. I'm not a believer in hoarding information. Essentially I use layers in Photoshop. I have a set of tools built-in (in the mustard colour, on the right) for adjusting the levels and contrast, using layers. You can vary the strength of adjustments manually, or click "safe levels and contrast" to instantly make an image punchier. The main thing with using layers, is that it is a non-destructive process. You don't damage the file the way you do by fiddling with it in its standard form. Layers is the key to Photoshop. 

On this shot, I've gone pretty nuclear with the levels and contrast, but I still have the original TIFF file. I always keep the original non-altered file. I've dodged and burned it quite a bit too (especially burning in the background). You can see how flat and dull the original file is - typical of the M Monochrom. With the M Monochrom, I always try to visualise the finished image, because the shots straight from the camera usually look rubbish, especially when viewed on the appallingly bad camera screen.

This shot was grabbed from the driver's seat of my car, at a set of traffic lights. I saw the face at the window of the car next to me, and fortunately had my camera in the passenger footwell. I knew the lights were about to change so I had no time to properly focus. I just used the scale on the lens and set it to ten feet, pointed, pressed the button, and hoped for the best. It's not that sharp really, but I'm not bothered about that.

Hope that's of some help.

Colin

Thanks for sharing this story/info. I too have tried to take a quick shot while driving but unfortunately I rear ended the car in front of me! Doh! I was in NYC and I thought the car full of dudes was going to try and fight me. Lesson learned. 

Also, I'm a fan of your images. Keep sharing! Most consistently good works posted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dkmoore said:

Thanks for sharing this story/info. I too have tried to take a quick shot while driving but unfortunately I rear ended the car in front of me! Doh! I was in NYC and I thought the car full of dudes was going to try and fight me. Lesson learned. 

Also, I'm a fan of your images. Keep sharing! Most consistently good works posted.

Ouch! And thank you.

Leica M Monochrom mk1, 1960 copy of the 35mm Summaron F2.8

• Like 17

Wildflowers against the morning sunlight, with the M262 and 35mm f2.4 Summarit..

• Like 13

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica M10, 35mm Summicron v.4.

I was pretty nervous (and maybe stupid) when I brought my Leica with me in this tiny 2 person inflatable boat to take a picture.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, evikne said:

I was pretty nervous (and maybe stupid) when I brought my Leica with me in this tiny 2 person inflatable boat to take a picture.

The picture was worth it :)

Did you reduce contrast in post?

14 minutes ago, ELAN said:

The picture was worth it :)

Did you reduce contrast in post?

Thanks, but maybe not worth nearly 9000 USD if the camera and lens fell into the water. 🙂

I haven't exactly reduced the contrast, but I've made my own "matte" preset where I cut off the deepest blacks and reduce the saturation a bit.

• Like 2

M10 + 35 FLE

—Peter. 

• Like 2

35mm f2.4 Summarit on my M262, morning light on June 12.

This f2.4 Summarit is also my best Leica-branded 35 (bests both the f1.4 Summilux FLE and the f2 Summicron ASPH) against the light in terms of minimal to no flare/ghosting issues. Put the sun in the field of view and it just handles it.

Edited by Gregm61
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Leica Summilux-M 35mm Pre-Asph and MP, Kodak Ektar 100

Itapirubá - Praia Norte

• Like 6

Capture with the M262 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.7 Ultron VM and processed in Adobe Camera raw, then opened in Photoshop and applied the DXO Film Pack simulation of Ilford Pan F..

• Like 3

Leica M10, 35/1,4 Lux FLE

• Like 1

M262 and 35mm f1.7 Ultron VM shots from today..

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 5:39 AM, Gregm61 said:

35mm f2.4 Summarit on my M262, morning light on June 12.

This f2.4 Summarit is also my best Leica-branded 35 (bests both the f1.4 Summilux FLE and the f2 Summicron ASPH) against the light in terms of minimal to no flare/ghosting issues. Put the sun in the field of view and it just handles it.

These are great. What were the shutter speeds and iso?

Did you any post processing to the sun?

3 hours ago, TG14 said:

These are great. What were the shutter speeds and iso?

Did you any post processing to the sun?

Thanks!

When shooting into the sun I go with a "sunny 16" with an extra stop of exposure, typically something like 1/1000 at f5.6, 1/500 at f8 (I rarely go with a smaller aperture than f8) at ISO 200, and process the resulting raw files in Adobe Camera raw.