Trying to decipher an ebay auction

quixotic

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Any idea what a "bulpass" might be?  As in: There are small scratches on the upper part of the penta, a few threads on the bottom, there is deterioration of the bulpass inside the mirror box, but overall it is in a beautiful state

I've sent a query to the seller (in Japan), but by the time the auction ends, it may be too late.

(It's for an R7).

Agree with Krauklis, I'd say it's the anti-reflective stuff within the mirror box. Light seals as well?

Wasn't aware Leica used it but I know later Hasselblad had it, named as Krauklis said, "palpas".

Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. 

Gary

OK, thanks folks.  I decided to buy it.  The price was right; it looks brand new; the serial number was relatively high; and the seller had a 100% positive rating.

(I already have an R4s and an R8, but the former crapped out on me and the latter is too heavy).

It arrived today.  The spongy stuff in the mirror box felt just like the stuff in my R4s (easily dent-able with a fingernail).  There was, however, what we in the civil engineering world would call "alligator cracking" (a pavement analogy).  Looks OK, though.  Looks as though nothing is going to start flaking off, which I think would be the main worry.  Can't wait to get some Ektar 100 in there.  

Unfortunately, I see now that the depth of field lever doesn't really work.  With a ton of pressure, it moves the lens cam slightly, but not enough to actually function as designed.  Any thoughts on what my options are?  (I'll certainly let the seller know, since it wasn't disclosed in the auction, but I'm wondering if there's anything that a shade-tree mechanic can successfully attempt).  The cam moves smoothly, just like on my R4s, but there seems to be very little connection between the lever and the cam.

Edited by quixotic

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, quixotic said:

Unfortunately, I see now that the depth of field lever doesn't really work.  With a ton of pressure, it moves the lens cam slightly, but not enough to actually function as designed.  Any thoughts on what my options are?  (I'll certainly let the seller know, since it wasn't disclosed in the auction, but I'm wondering if there's anything that a shade-tree mechanic can successfully attempt).  The cam moves smoothly, just like on my R4s, but there seems to be very little connection between the lever and the cam.

A CLA will remedy this.