Lens cap for Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Lens Typ 11673

MrQ

All,

Can someone let me know whether this lens comes with a cap?  I know that the Leica Elmarit-M 28mm F2.8 typ 11677 comes with one?

Thx

I should have been more clear, I meant the round cap (when the square hood is not used). see attached photos for the 28mm F2.8, thank you

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I should have been more clear, I meant the round cap (when the square hood is not used). see attached photos for the 28mm F2.8, thank you

To start with it wouldn't come with a push on cap that you illustrate. My memory doesn't remind me if my lens when new came with a regular bayonet cap, but I don't think it did, just the rubber hood lens cap, but either way a replacement isn't ground breaking.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Current black and silver Summicrons 35/2 asph (11673 & 11674) use the same 14474 push-on metal lens cap as current Elmarit 28/2.8 asph (11677) as well as Summarits 35/2.5 (11643) and 50/2.5 (11644) AFAIK. I don't know if the 14474 cap comes in the Summicron's box though.

Edited by lct

Yes, it should come with a standard plastic 39mm lens cap as well as the hood and rubber cap.

For some reason I thought the OP was referring to the previous version of the Summicron ASPH. Seems that the current lens comes with a metal push on cap.

How glad am I that I finally - after about 15 years - ditched the ugly rectangular hood and it's cap (which I kept dropping on the floor - last time on a railway station platform where it was kindly retrieved for me by a fellow passenger). Replaced it with a nice black metal vented hood which looks great and cost me............£5.  I don't bother with a cap as camera always in fitted case unless in hand and ready for immediate use.

Those inexpensive screw-in vented hoods may be handy but they offer little protection against flare and they can be also a good way to ruin the filter thread of the lens in case of drop or bump. I like much the rectangular plastic clip-on hoods of 28/2.8 asph v1, 35/2 v4 and 35/2 asph v1 personally but i use also round metal (12585, 12585H) and plastic (12538) clip-on vented hoods made by Leica. Now the Summicron 35/2 asph referred to in this thread is not a version 1 of this lens but the current version 2 which has different lens cap, lens hood and hood cap to v1's.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, James24 said:

Yes, a 13132 UVa.

Could it be that you removed this ring?

On 8/25/2018 at 1:12 AM, MrQ said:

Yes, it does come with the metal cap. Look at lens pouch, it is inside the bottom of the leather lens case...many miss it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdlaing said:

That ring is not removable.

It is, or should be.