Lyon One Challenge : 13/10/18

Ok, so here is an update on dinner on the Saturday.

Confirmed are:

Andy and Ann Barton

Carl and Anne Bretteville

Ted Ernhill

John Cartwright

John Görten

David and Lynn Gibbins

Pete Farnsworth

Tom and Eileen Lane

Gerd and Magda Moyson

Simon Leech

Tony and Bernadette Niev

Steve Unsworth

Lars Valk

Stefan Seider

David Deruyver

Charles and Elizabeth Schmidt

I also assume that Christoph and Veronique will also be coming!

I don’t think I’ve missed anyone, so that’s 25 for dinner so far.

Christoph will need to confirm numbers with the restaurant soon, so if anyone else wants to have dinner, please post here.

I am also hoping that Christoph and Veronique have been able to find somewhere to meet at lunchtime. I will send him a PM now to confirm.

Many thanks!

Andy, put me also to this list, thanks

• Like 1

Apologies and regrets. I am unable to travel. I wish you all the best of conviviality and shall envious study your masterpieces (and others) as you post them.

Good light and safe travel to you all.

Dear John,

very sorry to read that you will not be able to make it to Lyon this year.

You will be missed for sure.

Kind regards from Germany

John

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With less than four weeks to go, I’m starting to really look forward to this Challenge. Lyon looks like a really interesting city.

I have attached this year’s instructions and look forward meeting friends old and new on 13th.

180916 Lyon Instructions (sm).pdf

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately it’s looking like I won’t be able to make it this year, so please remove my name from the list for dinner.

Sorry I won’t be able to join the fun....

Thanks

Simon

Sorry about that too. You will be missed! 

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately it’s looking like I won’t be able to make it this year, so please remove my name from the list for dinner.

Thanks

Simon

oh, hope to see you next meet, again thanks for meeting me in Amsterdam this year....BTW anyone here from Barcelona, San Sebastian, Bilbao or Santiago Compostela I will be there before meeting in Lyon

Hi Andy,

Thanks

Simon

Very sorry not to enjoy the pleasure of your company

I wish I could've made this one, will miss catching up with people. I've never been to Lyon before and I love visiting France, but sadly I can't make it. Have fun everyone.

James, too bad you can't make it: we'll miss your company.

• Like 1

For those driving, remember folks, the national speed limit on single carriageway roads out of towns, has reduced from 90 KPH to 80 KPH. Some departments are regarding this as a revenue source, fining motorists. Also the northbound A26 from Reims to the Channel Ports, always has at least one manned speed trap on it in daylight hours and usually two at week-ends. 

Wilson

• Like 1

For those driving, remember folks, the national speed limit on single carriageway roads out of towns, has reduced from 90 KPH to 80 KPH. Some departments are regarding this as a revenue source, fining motorists. Also the northbound A26 from Reims to the Channel Ports, always has at least one manned speed trap on it in daylight hours and usually two at week-ends. 

There was a map upgrade the other week from TomTom that seemed to be largely for the speed limit changes. I always tend to stick to the 130/110 autoroute limit, but that's as much to do with the cost of fuel as anything else.

With the current exchange rate it looks as if diesel in France is around the same price as in the UK.