Lyon One Challenge : 13/10/18

Room and rail ticket are booked. I'll arrive on 11. Oct :) Looking forward to meet you all again

I am not sure yet how to travel from Paris, are reservations and ealry booking necessary for rail ticket? I am deciding to drive or ride and not sure on day to travel from Paris. From Lyon going direct to CDG airport.

I am not sure yet how to travel from Paris, are reservations and ealry booking necessary for rail ticket? I am deciding to drive or ride and not sure on day to travel from Paris. From Lyon going direct to CDG airport.

Hi Tony,

You'll certainly need a reservation if you travel by TGV (Trains de Grand Vitesse - the fast intercity trains) but I doubt that you'd need to book particularly early although it depends which class you're planning to travel - first class should be available until probably the day before, standard class might require booking a few days earlier if it's in the vacation season etc.

I normally use the German railway website for all my European rail travel so you should be able to see times, prices, and availability there.  

From Paris to Lyon Part Dieu station (the main station in Lyon) you're best to take the TGV from Gare de Lyon, which is connected via the Metro and the (faster) RER underground service.  If you're likely to have a bit of luggage with you then you might be prefer to take a taxi of course.

It looks like you've already discovered that you can take a TGV direct from Lyon Part Dieu to 'Aeroport Paris - Charles de Gaulle' without changing (depending on when you want to travel).  The on-the-hour service takes about 2 hours so, for example, the 14.00 will get you to CDG for 16.02.

Pete.

• Like 1

There is a direct train (TGV for high speed train) from CDG airport to Lyon (La Part- Dieu station) and return avalaible here :  https://www.oui.sncf/train/trajet/roissy-charles-de-gaulle/lyon

Edited by Gelatino

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so here is an update on dinner on the Saturday.

Confirmed are:

Andy and Ann Barton
Carl and Anne Bretteville
Ted Ernhill
John Cartwright
John Görten
David and Lynn Gibbins
Pete Farnsworth
Tom and Eileen Lane
Gerd and Magda Moyson
Simon Leech
Tony and Bernadette Niev
Steve Unsworth
Lars Valk
Stefan Seider
David Deruyver
Charles and Elizabeth Schmidt

Ferdinand

I also assume that Christoph and Veronique will also be coming!

I don’t think I’ve missed anyone, so that’s 26 for dinner so far.

Christoph will need to confirm numbers with the restaurant soon, so if anyone else wants to have dinner, please post here.

I am also hoping that Christoph and Veronique have been able to find somewhere to meet at lunchtime. I will send him a PM now to confirm.

Many thanks!

• Like 3