Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

1 hour ago, ianman said:

Thanks for the info Peter. @Steven could you provide more info? I've also seen some nice photos using a similar stock by @frame-it in the "I love film" thread, maybe he could chip in regarding the processing?

So there are kits apparently for developing Vision 3 film, ( like 5219 and 5213 ),  "at home".....I found this video:

https://photofocus.com/found/how-to-develop-kodak-vision3-cine-film-at-home/

I'm going to try this out when I get my hands on a kit.............

15 minutes ago, petermullett said:

So there are kits apparently for developing Vision 3 film, ( like 5219 and 5213 ),  "at home".....I found this video:

https://photofocus.com/found/how-to-develop-kodak-vision3-cine-film-at-home/

I'm going to try this out when I get my hands on a kit.............

Oh that's good news :)

You can get a kit where I get most of my film stuff from https://www.retrocamera.be/en/darkroom-color-chemistry-film-developers/1811-bellini-ecn-2-motion-picture-film-home-processing-kit-1l.html

Now to find the actual film in these parts!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ianman said:

I agree and @Steven is making wonderful use of it. How does one develop this film? Isn't it some weird process that's only offered by a few labs worldwide? Or can it be done at home?

There is a rem jet layer that must be removed during the dev... ECN2 dev... It's a real cine process. 

I use these guys. it's perfect for anyone living in Europe. 

19 euros per roll, with high res scan + raw files of 170mb per photo included. And the stock is amazing. 

Unbeatable to me. 

https://silbersalz35.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Steven said:

There is a rem jet layer that must be removed during the dev... ECN2 dev... It's a real cine process. 

I use these guys. it's perfect for anyone living in Europe. 

19 euros per roll, with high res scan + raw files of 170mb per photo included. And the stock is amazing. 

Unbeatable to me. 

https://silbersalz35.com

Ah yes.... now I remember where I'd seen it, on the Analog Insights channel... 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, ianman said:

I agree and @Steven is making wonderful use of it. How does one develop this film? Isn't it some weird process that's only offered by a few labs worldwide? Or can it be done at home?

I enquired the same thing of my lab yesterday here in Sydney.  They said they don't touch anything with Remjet however referred me to a lab in Melbourne that do (Nano Lab for anyone on this side of the world).  

So I assume there are few options in each country perhaps but certain labs will handle it.  The stock I have bought says 'Hand Development (contains Remjet - don't lab develop'... So I emailed my lab before purchasing .

I bought 250D but noticed the same wanting was on the 200T and 500T options 

Great photos @Steven 

Edited by grahamc

8 hours ago, ianman said:

Actually it seems that CineStill 800 is the Kodak Vision 3 and can be developed using C-41.

https://www.retrocamera.be/en/35mm-film-color-negative-cinestill/392-cinestill-800t-tungsten-xpro-c-41-135-36-4260243553596.html

Great.  is this one for night-time use mainly?  I wasn't sure whether to buy the T's (tungsten ? ) or the 250D which is daylight .  Went for the D in the end.

Have always fancied trying the CineStill 800 and will at some point 

Edited by grahamc

Second roll through a new-to-me TTL.  Tri-X with 35:1.4 v2.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, ianman said:

Actually it seems that CineStill 800 is the Kodak Vision 3 and can be developed using C-41.

https://www.retrocamera.be/en/35mm-film-color-negative-cinestill/392-cinestill-800t-tungsten-xpro-c-41-135-36-4260243553596.html

Yeah, same stock, except the rem jet layer and the dev process of SilberSalz makes a world of difference. 

I’ve tried both stock, they are very different. I don’t like cinstill that much. In the day it’s too reddish, and at night, i find the red halos around night to be ugly. 

SilberSalz stock produces movie stills, in my eyes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grahamc said:

bought 250D but noticed the same wanting was on the 200T and 500T options 

Be careful, the D is out of stock for a month. I think you need to order 200T if you want to get it fast. You wont be disappointed, to me it’s the best stock after 500T. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grahamc said:

Side question do we need to take any special precautions for packaging exposed film that is going on flights to be developed (re X-Rays etc) ?  I've never sent a film anywhere other than local until now 

If you plan to ship your film from outside of Europe and it will go through a plane, i would get low ASA film. Max 250. Above that i think it’s more risky because when you ship is not the same as when your bring your film on a carry on. The X ray machines for cargo are MUCH more powerful than the airport ones. Could damage high sensititvy film. 

But below 500 iso, if its only one x ray you should still be ok. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steven said:

If you plan to ship your film from outside of Europe and it will go through a plane, i would get low ASA film. Max 250. Above that i think it’s more risky because when you ship is not the same as when your bring your film on a carry on. The X ray machines for cargo are MUCH more powerful than the airport ones. Could damage high sensititvy film. 

But below 500 iso, if its only one x ray you should still be ok. 

Great, thanks for that .  Let's see :D 

32 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Great, thanks for that .  Let's see :D 

Some clarification here (and there's threads about this all over the net). Until recently cargo and hold-luggage scans were usually more powerful than the machines that your carry-on bags go through and so it was recommended to always carry film with you when going through an airport. The carry-on machines were usually described as safe for 400iso film and below. In the last year or two however there are a new generation of carry-on scanners that are much more powerful being installed that do damage film. If you do some googling you'll find various articles etc where people are trying to work out which airports are now dangerous to carry film through at all. What is a bit of an unknown though is what scans the post goes through. I've never had damaged negs from sending film to a lab, although always within Europe.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, convexferret said:

Some clarification here (and there's threads about this all over the net). Until recently cargo and hold-luggage scans were usually more powerful than the machines that your carry-on bags go through and so it was recommended to always carry film with you when going through an airport. The carry-on machines were usually described as safe for 400iso film and below. In the last year or two however there are a new generation of carry-on scanners that are much more powerful being installed that do damage film. If you do some googling you'll find various articles etc where people are trying to work out which airports are now dangerous to carry film through at all. What is a bit of an unknown though is what scans the post goes through. I've never had damaged negs from sending film to a lab, although always within Europe.

OK great, thanks ! Yes true I didn't consider that it's probably different for post .  This is internally within Australia since the only lab is in Melbourne for this stock 

20 minutes ago, convexferret said:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/257951-film-in-checked-flight-luggage/

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/281487-how-do-i-protect-photography-film-from-xray-while-traveling/

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/302636-new-3d-airport-scanners-will-destroy-unprocessed-camera-film/

15 hours ago, petermullett said:

I am not sure if there are kits for home souping of these cine films. When I used them back in the US I used to have a contact at a cine lab in Washington DC that would attach my still shot films to the runs they were doing for regular cine 400' / 100' loads. There's a RamJet layer on the cine stocks that has to be removed with a pre-bath before the developing process can go forward. Cine labs have the baths to do this but I don't think the baths are available outside of lab' kits.........but to be honest I don't know. I also don't know how Steven got his processed either, maybe he too has cine lab contacts but there are not any of those left in France now to my knowledge, Pathe was the last I think and that closed down years ago.......

• Thanks 1