Coding CV lenses for M10

madrigalmaster

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Must be my paint (flat black rustolium), that or the direction of the wind, relative humidity or sun flares  :rolleyes: . I downloaded the template, cut it out, checked that my mounts had the markings in the correct place - they're bang on. I mounted my newly acquired 6bit coded Elmarit-M 90mm to the 240, bang, recognizes the lens straight away, my attempts, not so much :-(.

Must be my paint (flat black rustolium), that or the direction of the wind, relative humidity or sun flares  :rolleyes: . I downloaded the template, cut it out, checked that my mounts had the markings in the correct place - they're bang on. I mounted my newly acquired 6bit coded Elmarit-M 90mm to the 240, bang, recognizes the lens straight away, my attempts, not so much :-(.

Did you stir the Rust Oleum really well?

To make flat paint a flattening paste is used and it sinks to the bottom of the can.

I shook it very well. I'm gonna add more coats to ensure the coding pits are filled up with paint as I noticed the coding on the Elmarit-M are quite flat. I also tried using the template and a sharpie on the lens mount, also no dice.

Use a stick to stir it too. That paste is like a sludge on the bottom.