M10 battery life

ELAN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/19/2019 at 5:11 AM, pico said:

Me gosh, an M10 battery is so small, so portable and convenient. I keep three extras in a jacket pocket and another always recharging in my vehicle. The battery is a non-issue to me.

I have to add, as disclosed earlier, that the M10 has a port hidden in the bottom that might support an additional battery and USB through a hand-grip. I hope Leica eventually makes it available to the rest of us.

The function extend port (9 pins) was inside the battery compartment.

Here we are:

• Thanks 1

I understand the battery depletes rapidly in cold temperatures, but what about hot? 

I've noticed both the M10 battey drain quickly in a hot environment and with the case on. With the case off it's much better. 

I used to think I was crazy but then it's now happening with the CL. Does anyone else have this problem?

11 hours ago, Donut said:

I understand the battery depletes rapidly in cold temperatures, but what about hot? 

I've noticed both the M10 battey drain quickly in a hot environment and with the case on. With the case off it's much better. 

I used to think I was crazy but then it's now happening with the CL. Does anyone else have this problem?

High temps can cause issues with the camera and/or the battery, both of which have specified operating temp ranges, typically up to 40C.  That doesn't mean that they can't be used outside the range, but performance can suffer in extremes.  Be sure your battery is fresh and fully functioning. I use only Leica batteries; others do not.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Possibly the m10 battery is a design compromise necessary to enable the m10 to be a slimmer camera.

For me its quite a big negative but for others a worthwhile compromise to make the m10 the camera smaller.

If the m10 was the same in every way but had the  m240 battery it would be a better camera imo.

But i imagine that was impossible.

1 hour ago, steve 1959 said:

Possibly the m10 battery is a design compromise necessary to enable the m10 to be a slimmer camera.

As a person who carried at least ten rolls of 36-exposure film, carrying two extra M10 batteries is a joy.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

17 minutes ago, pico said:

As a person who carried at least ten rolls of 36-exposure film, carrying two extra M10 batteries is a joy.

My m262 reminds me of my old  mamiya c330 in that i never worry about battery life.

Now i dont want a camera with a poorer battery performance.