Is there a new M-Adapter T soon to be released by Leica?

hmathias

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I hadn't given the matter enough thought, but of course to read the 6 spots you have to have an IR source and an IR sensor that isn't blinded by the source.  But the little clear strip that covers the six little glassy blobs on a PC board underneath look about the same in the adapter, in my M240 and in the older digital Ms.  So they should all behave the same.  But they don't, so I guess the component choice has evolved along with the M models.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

I hadn't given the matter enough thought, but of course to read the 6 spots you have to have an IR source and an IR sensor that isn't blinded by the source.  But the little clear strip that covers the six little glassy blobs on a PC board underneath look about the same in the adapter, in my M240 and in the older digital Ms.  So they should all behave the same.  But they don't, so I guess the component choice has evolved along with the M models.

I  have not yet seen the M-Adapter L that reads lens codes, but there are only 2 possibilities.

Leica could use a fibre optic or glass optical light-pipe to relay the camera infrared emitters to the code paint and back to the photosensors. or have electrical contacts on the lens mount that connect to a second set of infrared sensors on the adapter.  if optical, and there is a slight miss-alignment between the two stacked adaptor light pipes,  or too much light loss in the system — then the new lens code won't read right and the camera will happily remember the last lens it read. If electrical, then dirty contacts could be the problem.

Harry