Leitz Filca (type C)

On 7/26/2023 at 7:57 PM, Giuliobigazzi said:

I just picked up these so thought I’d add to the list of ones found!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The tube to the left. Were they originally supplied with the FILCAs?

I have a couple of those that came with a handful of FILCAs (not C) I purchased.
I thought they were aftermarket as they were not branded and were slightly tight fitting.

This is the Etrin the cassettes came in, to me it doesn’t look as old as the cassette holder

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

in my opinion the cassettes were well delivered with the tube, it was a unit camera, rangefinder, tube and cassettes the whole arranged in an etrin.
 the etrin in the last photo is a late example with the two Leitz / Leica markings, but this subject has already been dealt with in this forum.... 
the oldest had just one Leitz or Leica marking and the very first had no marking but a horizontally striped leather, needless to say they are extremely rare.
Another was presented by Willeica, which had no markings but had stretched leather with a rectangular lock...

It should be noted that the very latest models had a strap fixed by rivets and chrome rings.

1 hour ago, PG Black nickel said:

the etrin in the last photo is a late example with the two Leitz / Leica markings, but this subject has already been dealt with in this forum.... 

Excuse me for asking a repetitive question then, but could you please direct me to where this subject has been discussed, as the search function of the forum is not great?

It's a bit tedious, but I note down the name of the accessory or camera I'm looking for in the search engine and I refine it with the suggestions that the forum gives me...It's true that you have to search to find what you're looking for, for example for the etrin you'll come across a lot of discussions about this accessory but you have to search because it's not necessarily the initial subject ....Comme for example the subject about filca C cassettes which "derives" towards the etrin! 
but it's quite rare that I don't find valuable information, this forum is frequented by real Leica connoisseurs from its origins to the present day.
...Happy searching!