Second camera to a sick M240 - any suggestions?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks Steve. I'll be interested to discover if we have an equivalent provision in the Australian Consumer Law.

I hope you have better luck with your new M 240, and thoroughly enjoy the experience!

Cheers

J

Thanks mate, I hope so too! I can't be bitten twice, can I !!

I really love the Leica M experience, so liberating compared to AF cameras with a multitude of buttons, and menus so deep the user needs to be a virtual diver to survive.

Glad it was replaced.

My first 1.4/50 Summilux ASPH was still faulty after two warranty repairs.  Leica Australia did not hesitate to give me a new lens when I requested one as I said I no longer had any confidence in that first lens.

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

Steve,

glad you got a replacement. I'm a bit worried now, Leica did replace my shutter, I hope not to see a repeat of the problem. Still haven't got it back, waiting on one last ride to get back to me.

What symptoms did it suffer from causing you to return it to the manufacturer? Also, how old is the camera and how many shutter actuations, approximately? (My original was 6 months old and had fired no more than 5k, approx.)

Hope your camera is fault free when you get it back.

Let us know how you get on!