Happy, happy, happy

Trickier with landscapes? I know that my cam is a LX100 but i cannot believe that the DL109 is significantly different. I only shoot raw though...

Another snap at f/4: https://lctphot.smugmug.com/Diverse/LX100-samples/i-2Z5kQ7V/0/X3/P1000650_sips-X3.jpg

Trickier to tell the difference between the M, especially when processed and resized.

There is no difference between the DL109 and the LX100, at least in terms of core hardware (and definitely RAW).

Trickier to tell the difference between the M, especially when processed and resized.

There is no difference between the DL109 and the LX100, at least in terms of core hardware (and definitely RAW).

I agree completely and can understand people buying the 109 out of brand loyalty or whatever reason a person chooses. Personally I bought my LX100 at this years Focus exhibition in Birmingham the big deciding factor was price and the salesman on the Panasonic stand had such a good technical knowledge about the camera. Also he never made any comparison to the 109.

i spend several weeks a year in the Lake Districk walking and only take this camera with me as against my M9 and 2 or 3 lenses.

BrianP

LX100/DL109 (raw) pictures don't pale by comparison with M cameras which is quite an achievement per se but they don't play in the same league to be honest. Besides format, DoF, resolution, EVF lag and other deal breakers for M users (optical distortion, flare...), the little beasts are rather soft in borders and corners and 1600 iso is a maximum, at least for me. But aside from my Sigma DP2M which comes from another planet sort of, the LX100 is the compact camera i was dreaming about since my dear old Digilux 1 thirteen years ago.

I agree completely and can understand people buying the 109 out of brand loyalty or whatever reason a person chooses. Personally I bought my LX100 at this years Focus exhibition in Birmingham the big deciding factor was price and the salesman on the Panasonic stand had such a good technical knowledge about the camera. Also he never made any comparison to the 109.

i spend several weeks a year in the Lake Districk walking and only take this camera with me as against my M9 and 2 or 3 lenses.

BrianP

I'm in two minds about the 109/lx100. On the one hand, it's the best handling compact camera I've used - better than the 'M for people who can't afford one and are purely interested in something that looks like it', the Fuji X100T. And that obviously makes it a lot easier to get the shot you want. The problem is that the sensor is not as capable as it could be and the 12MP really kills you when you're looking to crop out a more focused composition. >70% of the time, I could get better end results out of an RX100 III and that actually fits everywhere.

I do take the 109 out (and personally I prefer the D-Lux styling, so I choose the Leica shelled version always) from time to time but in terms of appropriate for purpose use, the Sony gets a much more regular outing.

Edited by wacka

I would not say the LX100/D-lux 109 has bad out of focus. It is not a $4,000 lens, it is a $1,000 camera. Considering the size and price I think it takes great pictures even when compared to an M with good lens.

I would also like a better sensor/resolution, but it is unfair to assume that a camera with fixed zoom lens will allow you to crop the same way as a camera with a fixed prime.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...