OVF anyone?

I have the 36 mm. Bright Light Optical ViewFinder with the Leica X1 and used it now and then with the 23 Cron on the T.

It is more compact, but what is missing is the focus confirmation light that the X1 has. While using the X1 you can see in the corner of your eye the green light coming up when in focus. I always found this a elegant solution. This OVF is nice and bright.

But to be honest, the Visoflex 020 EVF has all the convenience with the screen information, detailed resolution, brightness and reasonable good colors and the detailed (focus-) confirmation. While manual focusing using M and R-lenses, with the zoom options, the EVF is way more usable.

So the EVF is actually permanent attached to the T. I only use the OVF with very dim light, when the EVF starts ghosting, but even then rarely.

The OVF still beats the EVF in quality and brightness of the image, hands down.

Edited by AndrewAM
  • Like 1

Yes I agree, i was just curious and free wheel thinking! Not so much thinking because I later realized that if you use an M lens you need the EVF to focus properly. I'm used as well to the green focus confirmation on the x1. 

Thanks for answering...Do you find the T an improvement about autofocus over the x1? 

robert

Yes I agree, i was just curious and free wheel thinking! Not so much thinking because I later realized that if you use an M lens you need the EVF to focus properly. I'm used as well to the green focus confirmation on the x1. 

Thanks for answering...Do you find the T an improvement about autofocus over the x1? 

robert

The T is miles ahead

• Like 1