Which M lenses do you want to own??

Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Then you ought to try a Voigtländer.

Finding an unscathed and haze-free sample of a 60+ year-old optic isn't an easy task. Then there's the cost of a CLA which, more often than not, is inevitable.

Cosina does a fine job bridging modern & classical.

As James says, Cosina do a fine job indeed

Do try the Heliar 75/1.8, pretty interesting lens that

I've enjoyed my current 35/2.5 and 50/2.0 greatly, but I'm feeling the need for speed. 50 Lux and possibly 35 Lux to come in the new year.

I've had the opposite impulse. I loved the 50 Summicron v.5 and went to the Lux not because if speed but for its look. My inclination lately are slower, smaller and better optimized across the frame, like the ZM 35 C. With a MM v.1, ISO 6400 is a breeze and I don't really need a speedy lens that's a bitch to focus accurately at night.

• Like 2

As of today my set is sorta done with the 35 cron asph and the 50 rigid. These two focal lengths are the only ones I actually need. I sold the f1.4 lenses I had since I love the crons plus the 39mm filters. With that said, if I was to add a new lens it'd be a 90mm to shoot a few portraits here and there. Nothing fancy, this one would do the trick:

http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_en/leica/leica-m-objektive/elmarit-2-8-90mm-black/leica-elmarit-2-8-90mm-black-sku23394-1.html

• Like 1

I've had the opposite impulse. I loved the 50 Summicron v.5 and went to the Lux not because if speed but for its look. My inclination lately are slower, smaller and better optimized across the frame, like the ZM 35 C. With a MM v.1, ISO 6400 is a breeze and I don't really need a speedy lens that's a bitch to focus accurately at night.

My desire for speed is for use on the M-E, which I rarely push beyond ISO 1250.

As of today my set is sorta done with the 35 cron asph and the 50 rigid. These two focal lengths are the only ones I actually need. I sold the f1.4 lenses I had since I love the crons plus the 39mm filters. With that said, if I was to add a new lens it'd be a 90mm to shoot a few portraits here and there. Nothing fancy, this one would do the trick:

http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_en/leica/leica-m-objektive/elmarit-2-8-90mm-black/leica-elmarit-2-8-90mm-black-sku23394-1.html

That's the same as my 90, and it is quite lovely for portraits.

So do you miss the 50 Cron?

So do you miss the 50 Cron?

Aside from the extra filters and some additional weight, not really. Cannot say I miss the busier bokeh. The resolution gain (I suspect more apparent on a Monochrom sensor compared to color) along with the delicate, dreamy bokeh merits the trade. Plan to add a 50 Rigid when I get a Summicron hankering.

No. It's not. You will want more. It is inevitable.

MATE, WATE, Nocti 1.0, and 50 APO. 

This thread got me thinking. And hunting. So I spent the holidays on the iPad hunting for deals while the family was in the next room, and found a MATE, WATE and Nocti. Have a hard time justifying the APO 50, but I'm now considering a 75 APO to come between my Lux 50 and Cron 90 pre-ASPH. 

I hate this place. And my GAS. Not in any particular order. 

Edited by BBHewee

This thread got me thinking. And hunting. So I spent the holidays on the iPad hunting for deals while the family was in the next room, and found a MATE, WATE and Nocti. Have a hard time justifying the APO 50, but I'm now considering a 75 APO to come between my Lux 50 and Cron 90 pre-ASPH.

I hate this place. And my GAS. Not in any particular order.

You should have stepped into the next room and downed a few cups of eggnog with the family instead. A cheaper hangover. ;-)
  • Like 1

You should have stepped into the next room and downed a few cups of eggnog with the family instead. A cheaper hangover. ;-)

You haven't met my mother-in-law. She's convinced pyramids were built with the stones being teleported to the top. I need a lot of booze to get me through the holidays. 

• Like 2