I like the T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Today using the wifi facility I set up my T with my iPad for the first time and now have lots of ideas for remotely composing images - maybe with e.g. a Hague remotely controlled tripod head. 

But the problem now is that I have to buy a T zoom lens because the 23mm is not long enough.

Best wishes

dunk

I toothink the T fantastic but more to the point perhaps so are the T lenses so although I started off with the idea of mostly using my faster or longer M lenses on the T I soon decided this was not the great idea I had thought, and I have no great interest in the fixed length 23mm either simply because the T's own zooms are SO good. Anyway if you do not believe me please do visit such as a Leica shop and ask to try the wide angle zoom especially - It is just stunning, likewise the standard zoom is superb. But although I am the sure the telephoto zoom is also exeptional I find it much more difficult to hold steady so beware of camera shake, so I do wish that lens in particular had image stabilisation. But beyond that this is a great great system which I often preffer to my M's. Don Morley :)

I like the T's 23mm; the camera will focus in absolute darkness with it using the SF 24D flash … and in darkness the f2 max aperture enables a lower ISO than my X1's 24/2.8. I use both cameras for photographing astronomers whilst they observe … using a red filtered flash (to avoid compromising observers' night vision) in cameras' B&W jpg modes. The X1's focus also works well in total darkness when using the SF24D flash … but the T's autofocus in absolute darkness is better ... i.e. a higher hit rate. And the semi-wide angle 23mm at f2 has sufficient DOF to cover e.g. an observer and his/her telescope(s) and accessories. The flashgun's red filter comprises 4 layers of red cellophane attached via elastic bands … which works fine at ISO 800 / f2. 

However, I no longer rate the T app because it is not compatible with DNG imaging; I need a remotely controlled camera and DNG files when photographing e.g. a wasps' nest.

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

My problem with M lenses on an M was that I just could not focus manually and accurately. I wonder if that would be any different using the M lenses on a T?

Yes. I find M lenses easier to focus due to an eyesight malfunction with the rangefinder patch. That may just be me but I'm not having any problem so far.

Yes. I find M lenses easier to focus due to an eyesight malfunction with the rangefinder patch. That may just be me but I'm not having any problem so far.

Interesting thank you, I will have a look when I next visit Leica shop.