New Owner Of Leica M-P Safari Edition Questions!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think Leica claims that there were only 1500 made. Regardless, I do not plan of re-selling mine either.

Since I just bought my camera, I am curious and somewhat apprehensive what the M11 will be. However, from my research, I doubt that there will be an M11 $8000 combo any time soon after the announcement. I also doubt that Leica will have a new M11 safari coming out soon. For me the green is much nicer, the coating seems to absorb finger marks. The only downside is people will notice it more than a black camera. But truth is I  feel people stare more at the D-lux 7 than at the M.

I overcame my hesitation to purchase late in the cycle by thinking what I would want in my Safari that I don't have:

- better ISO would always be nice,

- a built in magnifier/diopter adjustemnt would also be nice.

- More pixels? Not sure what for.

None was a game changer, so I purchsed the M10 version. It is a great camera combo. The lens are incredible. You want to go out and shoot.

There will be no M11.

• 3 weeks later...

My Safari is fine.  I enjoy using it more and more.

And I think it looks great, too! 
I can't believe that the "limited edition" of 1500 didn't sell out quickly.  And I see that they now have kits that include different lenses instead of the 35mm Summicron.  Plus, they are discounted even more now!

My Safari is fine.  I enjoy using it more and more.

And I think it looks great, too! 

I can't believe that the "limited edition" of 1500 didn't sell out quickly.  And I see that they now have kits that include different lenses instead of the 35mm Summicron.  Plus, they are discounted even more now!

B&H still has the Safari set available for a tad under $8800 USD.  That is a steal, considering what you are getting.

• Like 1

My safary was proved to be fine since i had found similar problem with dead pixel on my Black M-P

Apparently leica dont give automatic remapping in body like others do such as fuji, oly or sony for instance

That didnt stop me frm shooting with leica and i m relief my safari is oke