ISO 320 and 640 pixel line on right

esy0345

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just noticed a single pixel line on the right side of frame on every photo but only on ISO 320 and 640. No other ISO has the line. Know about remapping, but why only at these two ISO levels and not all? Just out of warranty - does anyone know how much it costs to send to Leica USA for this?

Just noticed a single pixel line on the right side of frame on every photo but only on ISO 320 and 640. No other ISO has the line. Know about remapping, but why only at these two ISO levels and not all? Just out of warranty - does anyone know how much it costs to send to Leica USA for this?

I had the problem at ISO 640. Leica replaced the camera as it was only a couple of weeks old. I believe these can't be remapped, its the sensor that needs replacing

I really like the idea someone proposed about sending a blank shot to Leica and having them evaluate it, and if remapping is viable, send the user a firmware update file that would accomplish it. Seems like that would give Leica full control over deciding if the sensor needed replacing yet let the user not have to send the camera in. I hope Leica considers this.

Does LR/ACR map out a dead pixel line if it was caused by a single pixel?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I really like the idea someone proposed about sending a blank shot to Leica and having them evaluate it, and if remapping is viable, send the user a firmware update file that would accomplish it. Seems like that would give Leica full control over deciding if the sensor needed replacing yet let the user not have to send the camera in. I hope Leica considers this.

Does LR/ACR map out a dead pixel line if it was caused by a single pixel?

I think there is no tool in LR for that. There was a guy who had a program for that: "pixel fixer". The program works not for the M240-DNG. He wanted to add that,. I send him a DNG, but I hadn't any feedback from him since Feb 2014.

:confused: I thought DNG was a standard file format unlike "RAW" which is proprietary to each camera maker. I have pixel fixer, but never tried it on an M240 DNG because I haven't shot anything but jpeg since the 1st week I got it. I asked because if I got that line I wondered if I might be able to resort to shooting DNG until I could get the camera in to Leica.

I think it's worth trying a DNG in Lightroom or similar to see if it automatically maps out the problem. IIRC, Lightroom does mask hot pixels. I recall from my M9 when shot DNG+Jpeg that I'd often see hot pixels in the Jpegs that then wouldn't be there after the DNGs were processed...

+1

:confused: I thought DNG was a standard file format unlike "RAW" which is proprietary to each camera maker. I have pixel fixer, but never tried it on an M240 DNG because I haven't shot anything but jpeg since the 1st week I got it. I asked because if I got that line I wondered if I might be able to resort to shooting DNG until I could get the camera in to Leica.

The developer of the program told me that. May be it works only with some RAWs and not with DNG.

I think it's worth trying a DNG in Lightroom or similar to see if it automatically maps out the problem. IIRC, Lightroom does mask hot pixels. I recall from my M9 when shot DNG+Jpeg that I'd often see hot pixels in the Jpegs that then wouldn't be there after the DNGs were processed...

It only maps dead pixel not dead rows.

I have checked it in more detail: The program ist called "FixBadPixel" from Eric Chen (V 1.0 Feb 2012). It is for DNG and uses opcodes to instruct the raw processing software (LR, CW ...) to interpolate over the defective pixel. Not sure, why it does not work with the DNGs from M240, but I think the program is written for DNG 1.3 and may be Leica uses DNG 1.4 ?