Line across image on 240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi my 240 has just developed a fault. A straight horizontal line goes across the whole image. It looks one or two pixels wide. If it was film, you’d describe it as a scratch.

it’s on the JPEG and raw files. It’s reasonable to remove in PS but obviously not ideal.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experienced this?

thanks

Camera currently with Leica. A remapping may solve the problem. However new sensors are currently not available, so I may end up with an expensive paper weight! If they can’t fix it, they’ll offer 30% off a new camera. I haven’t even looked at that option.

Hi andybiggs,

When hearing of this from others on the forum the sensor is remapped by Leica.  

Can you confirm the M240 sensor is no longer available?  The Kodak ccd of the previous series, the M9, is the sensor that is unavailable but I hadn’t heard this of the cmos sensor of the M240 series. 

• 4 weeks later...

Have had a reply from Leica. The sensor does need re-mapping, cost £141, plus a £25 uk handling fee. But will take 3 months.

They did confirm that replacement sensors are currently unavailable.

• 1 month later...