Secondhand lens prices

IWC Doppel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last year EUR. 600 for an Elmarit F/2,8-21mm non asferical incl. VF, made in Canada. Sold the VF for EUR. 140 and bought a C.V. Zoom VF 15-35mm (clearance EUR. 300) which covers my 15mm, 21mm and 28mm lenses.

7 years ago I bought a new Summarit F/2,5-75mm for EUR. 950. I think you can sell that lens now for the same price.

So it really depends in which country you are.

I've been looking at this quite closely, in particular for the 50 'cron (v3 - 11817). On the auction sites there are ones with buy it now prices of around A$1400 (US$1200) and up. The ones that get snapped up (either from a reasonable buy it now, or auction) go for about A$1200 (US$1050). Looking at antique cameras price guide (last updated 2012 estimates US$900-$1400) they seem to be pretty steady. Of course they may have spiked in 2013, I wasn't watching.

I think its interesting to look at if you're in the market (buying or selling), but otherwise I'm not really interested. Of course I wish some of them were cheaper... I view it like a house, I buy it to live in not make money from it.

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1