M(240) Edition 60

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The M60 comes with a case and strap. I also put a thumbs up on. You think you're ripping me? I'm the one with all the toys. Yes I can focus a noctilux faster then someone pressing the live view button, the magnifier coming on and slowly focusing until the peaking comes on by bracketing. What don't you get about that? It will be another 6 months before I come back to this forum.

By some chance, are you the Legendary "Ikanagas" from YouTube who is world famous for his Leica reviews?

One such gem ->

• Like 1

The guys like me that have a M60 also have a M240, keep the 35 lux on the M60 and Noctilux on the M240. Using 2 bodies is faster, less risk of a lens drop in the field, and no sensor dust.

If I were to put the Noctilux on the M60, I would no fear of non sharp photos because I know how to focus bracket. The buffer is the same as the Mp so I can let it rip faster then most toying with their evf and live view. Lets put it to rest.

I don't think any M60 owners will be selling their 35 Luxs ;-)

Scott, very happy you have both cameras and are enjoying them, and don't take anything from a few negative comments here.

Personally I don't use a strap at all, a camera is either in my bag or in my hand and I can carry the M240 for a long time with my small hand.

• 2 weeks later...
By some chance, are you the Legendary "Ikanagas" from YouTube who is world famous for his Leica reviews?

One such gem ->

He sure is him.

Almost got me a stroke from laughing. He surely surpassed himself with this one. Must See, the guy is genius, and also very rich :D

Thank you, thank you so much for including the link to that amazing video and review of the APO 50mm. So many things I did not know about that lens! I am especially relieved to know that I actually have a zoom with me when carrying this lens ;-)

Joke aside, difficult to believe the video is not a prank ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
Obviously I noted the times in order to respond to the comment. Having watched those videos recently, the comment didn't ring true, whether casual or not. Why does it bother you so much that I shared that information?

A screenless digital camera raises interesting philosophical questions about camera design, so I'm very interested rather than "bothered". The eccentricity of the Edition 60 is a strong statement and makes it a great collectors' item. But if form follows function, it's a poor design. Why does it bother you so much that I express that opinion?

Eggleston, whether at random or not, was actually a very good example to pick. He belongs to a generation of photographers that still shoot only film. Something many members on this forum may never done. He makes a very concerted point of only ever taking one exposure of whatever subject he chooses to shoot at any given time. His work goes on in the viewfinder & his mind & his style, whether you like it or not, is extremely apparent. Without labouring the point, the Edition 60 alludes to this. It is not film but it does cross digital boundaries into film territories. Uncluttered really is uncluttered. It is to be applauded that Leica would even consider making the philosophical a physical reality but that is what they do to the very core & probably why you (we) bought into the brand in the first place.

• Like 4

It's all very well to have principles but if we are to live in society then it's also important to ensure they are not arbitrary.

Not sure I follow your post. What is arbitrary about a (small) minority wanting a camera with just aperture control, shutter, focus and ISO, with none of the other electronic functions? I guess you'd say the same thing about the M-A?

Just because such a camera apparently isn't for you doesn't make it a bad choice for others, nor does it make their preferences arbitrary. I find that incredibly disrespectful.

I can't follow my post either, IkarusJohn. It wasn't a general remark; I remember it was triggered by something in the thread but I can't find what. I'm sorry you find it disrespectful though I have no idea what I was referring to. I wonder if it was meant for a different thread.

• Like 1