R lenses on 240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I concur as well. The EVF is a good feature when I'm carrying several lenses requiring accessory finders as it obviates the need to pack them and switch them along with the lenses. (I never owned a Frankenfinder but I do have the 21-24-28. I used it with the 15 and 21 lenses when I had an M8 but it's of no use to me on full-frame as I don't own a 24 and use the viewfinder frame with a 28.)

My only R lens is a 70-210, which I picked up for a song, it's a sharp lens but when hand holding, the lack of IS negates some of the optical quality. I do have a decent Nikon adapter, which I have played around with my 50/3.5 Micro and 180/2.8, although I vastly prefer any of the latter on my 5D with true reflex viewing. For me the EVF is a non-essential, glad I picked up the Oly version used for around $160 a while ago.

• Like 1

I only use a few R lenses on the 240, mostly the 105-280, and the 16 mm fisheye, the EVF is perfectly suited for that use.

Very nice for my 18 Super Elmar and 24 Summilux too. For the rest - OVF only :)

My other lenses (reduced to two zooms by now, 35-70 and 80-200) I prefer on the DMR.

Sillbeers,

those two photographs are breathtaking :eek:.

I had decided against the 2.8/180 APO-Elmarit for the 3.4/180 APO-Telyt and am now looking for one.

After seeing those I'm going have to reconsider :o

MarkP,

Thank you for your kind words. I was amoung a crowd of DSLR users that were using big barrel AF 300mm f2.8s Canon,...The APO Elmarit R 180mm is compact and light, great for handheld shots. Set at ISO1250,..I get 1/180 sec shutter speed for my panning shots shown.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

MarkP,

Thank you for your kind words. I was amoung a crowd of DSLR users that were using big barrel AF 300mm f2.8s Canon,...The APO Elmarit R 180mm is compact and light, great for handheld shots. Set at ISO1250,..I get 1/180 sec shutter speed for my panning shots shown.

Thanks for your reply.

I was very happy with my decision to get a 3.4/180 APO-Telyt-R and now you've gone and ruined it for rme by posting those photos ;)

I'm going to lose some sleep rethinking the situation :rolleyes:

ps: do you have a v1 or v2 lens and is there any difference between the two optically?

Edited by MarkP

Thanks for your reply.

I was very happy with my decision to get a 3.4/180 APO-Telyt-R and now you've gone and ruined it for rme by posting those photos ;)

I'm going to lose some sleep rethinking the situation :rolleyes:

ps: do you have a v1 or v2 lens and is there any difference between the two optically?

I have the ROM version. I do not think they are optically different. Only APO and non APO differ.

• Like 1

Sillbeers,

those two photographs are breathtaking :eek:.

I had decided against the 2.8/180 APO-Elmarit for the 3.4/180 APO-Telyt and am now looking for one.

After seeing those I'm going have to reconsider :o

Apparently both APO Telyt and APO Elmarit 180 perform equally well at infinity while Elmarit is better corrected at close focus which is not surprise being more modern design than Telyt.

If you can find APO Elmarit go for it but good luck finding one for reasonable price.

• Like 1

Sillbeers,

Interesting, if trivial, detail: in both shots, the right front tire is OFF THE GROUND!

Great shots.

Guy

Thanks. I chose to shoot at 2nd Apex after the 'S' bend intentionally for a more dramatic effect as most cars will have momentarily 'lifted wheels' upon drivers clipping the Apex. More importantly, that would be the last point for me to pan and catch the race cars before they gas off into the straight line too fast for the cameras.

• Like 1

As a hobbyist, due to preference for good optics and compact cameras and I do not own another Pro-DSLR system with zooms and telephotos to compliment my RF system. The M240 opened up doors for me to have a wider range of photography subjects as compared to M9. It also made possible for me to adapt variable ND filters for my landscape shots with the availability of live view.

• Like 1