No live view with the 15mm Heliar?

Keith, have you been able to avoid the Italian flag with the 15 Heliar? and if yes how did you do?

I've only taken a handful of pics with the 15mm so far and did notice some weird colours in the corners so I gather that's what you're refering too?

I'm very new to the camera but do remember reading about some issues with super wides. I tend to convert a large majority of my pics to B/W so at this stage I'm all ears! LOL :D

• Like 1

Make sure you have installed the latest version of the firmware. This problem has been fixed only recently.

Is that right? I was using mine with the original firmware and LV worked normally. Was it because I manually selected a lens?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No, it depends on the shape of the adapter. An adapter with the cutout area will not cover the lens detection sensors which will make the camera believe that there is no lens attached at all. The former version of the firmware refused to release the shutter when no lens was detected.

• Like 1

Keith, I think there is no way out of the weird colors with the 15 Heliar. Just wondered if you had an ace in your sleeve. I'm afraid that on the M 240, this is just a B&W lens...

Unless you like those correcting tools which I don't :D

Which correcting tool are you referring to? What do you not like?

The reason for me asking is that at some point I will get M240 (hope my better half is not reading this :) ). Currently I use CV15 on M9 and correct using LR5's flat field correction. I am quite satisfied with it apart from usual issue with M9's lack of high iso capability (that causes graininess in the corners which need be lifted more than 2 stops).

According to my experience the Heliar 15 works very well with the M9, seldom I have to use the Flat Field LightRoom correction. On the M(240) however, the colour cast is much more common using this lens - but using Flat Field is very easy - just a couple of clicks away, so the problems can be easily solved. I really like this lens (15/4,5) - gives dramatic effects and is very sharp.

If you absolutely would like to avoid colour casts you have to move up to Super-Elmar 18, an excellent lens but a different price.

/Anders

• Like 1

I have similar experiences. But with the new Firmware on the M240 and coded as 11134 it is better than before. I coded it as 16mm on a TriElmar in the beginning and that was much worse. But you may still need to do corrections. But as Anders wrote that is rather easy and there are no extra costs.

• Like 2