Asia One Challenge 2015

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Unfortunately it looks as though Eileen and I will not be able to join you in Japan. I need to be in Seattle the second week of May and from there we thought we'd make a tour into Canada.

I've been to Japan many times and it's probably my favourite country to travel in and so I sincerely hope that anyone who hasn't visited it before enjoys it as much as I do.

I wish you all safe travels and a wonderful trip to a wonderful country.

Look forward to seeing you in Vienna if not before.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 4

Tom, I'm sad to be missing you and Eileen in Japan. Melanie and I have great memories (and pics) of our joint time in Turkey, especially Cappadocia and the hot air balloon flight! Enjoy your Canadian adventure and safe travelling.

• Like 3

As of today, the list is as below:

Confirmed, with arrival dates:

DigitalHeMan - May 14th

DanBachmann +1 - May 17th

StS - May 17th

erl +1 - May 18th

christoph_d +1 - May 23rd, joining in Kyoto

Torgian - Japan based, joining in Kyoto

Satijntje - May 18th

fjheimann - May 18th

octo +1 - May 16th

Interest shown, not confirmed:

farnz

Sandokan

Coriana6jp

jjohan

philipus

frankwaller

torontoamateur

Nick De Marco

Looks like for now most people are staying in the Shinjuku area (with Shinjuku Granbell being popular) and South of the station in Kyoto (with Sakura Terrace The Gallery being popular)

• Like 4

Hi Simon and Dan,

Circumstances (long distance relationship + holiday schedules) mean that even though I would love to come, I cannot spare the time. I have never been to Japan and would have loved to see it with all of you.

Many thanks

Ravi

• Like 1

Pete, the simple fact is, 'work will always be there', but we won't!

So be there or be square.

Besides, we want you there.

Don't argue ......... at least not until you arrive. :D

• Like 5

Pete,

Listen to us! John is right: it took me weeks to decide but this is a golden opportunity. Yes, we want you to be there...

... and on top of that, you certainly want to defend your victory of the Istanbul Challenge!

• Like 1

No chance of that, John, with Erl, DigitalHeMan, and others around! :blink:

Pete.

Rule # 1 of the Challenge'.'The previous winner shall defend his title against all comers and stand a round of beers at the same time!

Prophesy (in your favour): a certain 111f may again misload to your advantage (but don't count on it). :p

• Like 2

I may have convinced my old friend from Hong Kong, Bob Davis, photographer, to join us (see my post #49 in this thread). We skyped this morning and I got his agreement. Even though he is using a digital Fuji these days, I know he has kept his M4 for serious ^_^ photography.

He is not a forum member but I trust you would still welcome him.

• Like 3

I may have convinced my old friend from Hong Kong, Bob Davis, photographer, to join us (see my post #49 in this thread). We skyped this morning and I got his agreement. Even though he is using a digital Fuji these days, I know he has kept his M4 for serious ^_^ photography.

He is not a forum member but I trust you would still welcome him.

Because this is a new depature from the traditional "Challenge", we can make our own rules! :)

Your friend will be very welcome.!

• Like 4

Because this is a new depature from the traditional "Challenge", we can make our own rules! :)

Your friend will be very welcome.!

As long as he uses his M4 or a Leica Lens on the Fuji during the challenge ;) Edited by DigitalHeMan
  • Like 4

Rule # 1 of the Challenge'.'The previous winner shall defend his title against all comers and stand a round of beers at the same time!

Prophesy (in your favour): a certain 111f may again misload to your advantage (but don't count on it). :p

It's lucky that there's no previous winner of this Challenge then (phew!). :p