My rolling take on the M.

huckles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would die if I had the MM... :)

I was offered one instead of the M, but for my line of work, right now. I had to go with the M... hopefully soon, I will pair it up with a MM.

I think you nailed the 'cmos vs ccd' thing on the head there. If you know what to look for or if you have intent on how you want your final image to come out as, then the debate becomes practically inconsequential. Each have their merits straight off the bat, but after a bit of PP, it's a much of a muchness. :)

Hi guys, it has been tested and tested and put into my work in the field. Wedding season is upon me and I'm glad to say, it's in the bag (the M9P never made it that far - don't read into that too much).

Leica M (type 240) | Van Dang Photographer

It will be a rolling update, but for the MOST part, I'm very happy to have this new addition to the family.

Thanks for checking it out!

V

:)

Thanks a lot for sharing!

I totally agree on your conclusions. One quick question about the metering: Do you refer to the "Advanced" metering for "The M is a HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement over the M9"?

• Like 1

Is there a particular image that screams 'CCD' to you? I can tell you what I did, if anything, in post. :)

Cheers, and thanks for the lovely words. It's a pleasure to use out in the field.. :)

V

The very first B&W looks more CCD than I usual from the M. Look carefully at some of the colour shots and you recognise the slight difference in saturation and richness, but these are less 'CMOS' than a lot I have seen.

• Like 1