I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few from the latest roll of Tri-X and my newly-back-to-me M6 with Summarit 35mm f/2.5

HC-110 B for 7:20

Steve at work taking a smoke break

23465368015_d24897c85f_h.jpg

My wife taking a picture. I just like taking a picture of her taking a picture!

23097397249_483adca5e1_h.jpg

Photos posted are not visible to me, is this normal ?

In any case, thank you for posting RPV

Best

Henry

"La baguette à la française" in Kodak TX400 (dev. home Ilfotech)

golden and warm crust, tender and aromatic inside , to eat with cheese and a glass of red Bordeaux wine

Bon appétit !

M7-50 Summilux Asph

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 12

Woollahra, Sydney

M7, Portra 400, 2.0/50 APO-Summicron

• Like 14

Photos posted are not visible to me, is this normal ?

In any case, thank you for posting RPV

Best

Henry

Flickr sucks. If you do ANYTHING after linking them to a forum, the link breaks. In this case i added exif data.

I guess they are "cached" on my laptop so I didn't know the link had broken.

Here they are.

23465368015_5b5e0e24ca_h.jpg

23097397249_9e1964ba31_h.jpg

Edited by rpavich
  • Like 10

Flickr sucks. If you do ANYTHING after linking them to a forum, the link breaks. In this case i added exif data.

I guess they are "cached" on my laptop so I didn't know the link had broken.

Here they are.

23465368015_5b5e0e24ca_h.jpg

Great portrait RPV

Thanks or posting again

Best

Henry

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks Henry.

Perhaps, but I really don't have a feel for whether there are real advantages for the APO-Summicron used on film compared to say the 50 Summilux ASPH as I haven't used it enough yet. My favourite 50 for film and the M7 is still my little 2.8/50 Elmarit-M.

By the way, my R7 has finally arrived and what a beautiful camera it is.  I needed a film camera for my 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R  and 80-200 Vario-Emar-R.

I chose it over the R6.2 for the same reason I went for the M7 over the M6/MP - the option of aperture-priority auto exposure.  The R8/9 are magnificent but too big.  So I'm off this weekend to try out the R7 with the 28-90 Vario-Elmarit on Ektar.  Watch this space, as long as I think the photos are good enough to post.

Regards,

Mark

ps - lots more new film photos for you to see over on the Australian Landscapes thread (and some good digital ones too ;-).

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

Woollahra, Sydney

M7, Portra 400, 2.0/50 APO-Summicron

attachicon.gif0302.22 (2).jpg

Mark - i will study this image when i get back home from London to get a full sense of the relative sharpness and resolution of the apo (i only have my iphone, which im sure doesnt do it justice). was hoping that Barnman would also post some of his film photos with his apo.

id be interested in seeing more, and in particular with low grain bw and color films. also your impressions on the lens on film would be interesting.

wishing you (and Barnman) lots of fun and enjoyment with your 50 APO :)

Thanks Henry.

ps - lots more new film photos for you to see over on the Australian Landscapes thread (and some good digital ones too ;-).

Mark - id encourage you also post your Aussie film images in this thread as many of us many not visit the other threads, and also because the many suscribers of this thread have a particular affinity for film and would appreciate your photos at least as much as the viewers of the other thread

hbing said thia, your aussie thread is great!

• Like 2

golden and warm crust, tender and aromatic inside , to eat with cheese and a glass of red Bordeaux wine

Bon appétit !

A baguette à la française is one of France's many gifts to the world (along with the croissant). Some roguefort and a little bordeaux - makes a lunch unequaled anywhere. 

• Like 1

A baguette à la française is one of France's many gifts to the world (along with the croissant). Some roguefort and a little bordeaux - makes a lunch unequaled anywhere. 

Michael,

And I thought you would mention Daguerrotypie, as with this the French gave Photographie as a gift to the world!

But perhaps I am in the wrong Forum

All the best

Christoph

• Like 2

Thanks Henry.

Perhaps, but I really don't have a feel for whether there are real advantages for the APO-Summicron used on film compared to say the 50 Summilux ASPH as I haven't used it enough yet. My favourite 50 for film and the M7 is still my little 2.8/50 Elmarit-M.

By the way, my R7 has finally arrived and what a beautiful camera it is.  I needed a film camera for my 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R  and 80-200 Vario-Emar-R.

I chose it over the R6.2 for the same reason I went for the M7 over the M6/MP - the option of aperture-priority auto exposure.  The R8/9 are magnificent but too big.  So I'm off this weekend to try out the R7 with the 28-90 Vario-Elmarit on Ektar.  Watch this space, as long as I think the photos are good enough to post.

Regards,

Mark

Mark, I made a little research about Apo 50 Summicron Asph and I quote some extracts from Peter Karbe the designer of this Apo lens  (I think, he also designed the Summilux Asph 50) :

"You point the lens and shoot, and where the focal plane is, the contrast should be high. The front and behind should fall off very fast. That is the difference between the older Summicron lenses and the APO-Summicron. Not in terms of sharpness but in terms of contrast behavior.

"....  it recorded the light and all details."

and extracts of Overgaard Thorsten about this lens :

" It recorded with clarity, clean colors, scary realistic details. It all looks natural. Add to that an interesting ability to see in the dark. Without the milky look the older Summicron lens has when faced with lots of light behind the subject."

" The same goes for the 50mm APO-Summicron. It seems as if Peter Karbe and his team actually found a way to "use every photon". It has some very interesting and surprising features in low light and shadows".

I think the lens deserves his success

Have you some  more pictures with this lens to share with us ?

I have 3  90 mm lens and I have an Apo Summicron Asph , every time I find that the colors are very "soft" , natural  and what a beautiful color !

Mark , R7 and R6.2 are also great cameras. I still have Leicaflex SL and R4S. My R8 is sold but it's  also a great camera. 

I now prefer M lightest to carry. 

Thanks for your information on Australian landscapes in film ,  I'll go to see !

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

A miller, on 02 Dec 2015 - 06:03, said:

Mark - i will study this image when i get back home from London to get a full sense of the relative sharpness and resolution of the apo (i only have my iphone, which im sure doesnt do it justice). was hoping that Barnman would also post some of his film photos with his apo.

id be interested in seeing more, and in particular with low grain bw and color films. also your impressions on the lens on film would be interesting.

wishing you (and Barnman) lots of fun and enjoyment with your 50 APO :)

I too would like to see more 2.0/50 APO-Summicron film images.  I started a thread a while back where I encouraged people to post images by the 2.0/50 APO-Summicron on film.  There were a couple, mostly small images though I could still see there was an obvious difference in clarity.  I don't think it matters what type of film you use to see the difference, however there was one image posted in the form of a link that was shot using very slow speed film.  In that case, the image looked very similar to the digital images shot with that same lens. 

By the way, are you talking about thebarnman or is there someone else called Barnman?  I don't have a 2.0/50 APO-Summicron, but I do have some film images I can share. 

• Like 2

Bruce - don't know if this could be helpful to you, but here are some examples of Tri-X that was exposed at 800 and developed at 1250...

Absolute class the 2 dog shots are fantastic
  • Like 2

Portra 400 with Hassi and 80mm

Baden-Baden, Germany

A really beautiful town!

• Like 11

Bon appétit !

M7-50 Summilux Asph

attachicon.gifImage10jackkodtx400m7cron90asphlufht+++-Mod-2red900.jpg

Best

Henry

Maybe a glass of Chateau Margaux, followed by a glass of Chartreuse

Pierre

• Like 1

I too would like to see more 2.0/50 APO-Summicron film images.  I started a thread a while back where I encouraged people to post images by the 2.0/50 APO-Summicron on film.  There were a couple, mostly small images though I could still see there was an obvious difference in clarity.  I don't think it matters what type of film you use to see the difference, however there was one image posted in the form of a link that was shot using very slow speed film.  In that case, the image looked very similar to the digital images shot with that same lens. 

By the way, are you talking about thebarnman or is there someone else called Barnman?  I don't have a 2.0/50 APO-Summicron, but I do have some film images I can share.

i am definitely talking about you, as i remember the thread to which you refer. thought perhaps you would be picking up a 50apo. no matter, would be glad for you to share some film images here. all the best, adam

• Like 1

back to Central Park...

TMax 400

• Like 13