I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Ball in River | Rollei 3.5F | HP5+

• Like 19

the holy glass by JM__, on Flickr

TriX pushed +1 - 50 R Summicron - Nikon FM3A

vor 5 Stunden schrieb AntonioF:

Canon A1, Canon 50/2 FD, Kodak 2238

Anna Magnani just drove by.... if this is not a still from a "neorealism" film, I don't know.... 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Floater
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion
Dr. Klaus, I trust, will have a remedy for this malady?

Thank you for the mike, Rog. And a nice try anyway.... 🙄. Just participated in a Zoom-update on Retinal Diseases this afternoon.... floaters were not among the usual suspects..probably because the condition is more a test for our psychological equilibrium than a disease or a serious problem. I try to consider the humble floater as a reminder not to be so fussy with the dust on and in our  Crons and Luxes...😁

Btw:  great compositions lately

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Wayne:

IIIa, 50/2 Summitar, Kodak Ultramax 400 @ 1600

Ever watchful for threats from Covid.

seems more like  a cat he-she is watching out for... or did you train  ZOË  as a "sniffer dog" ? Lovely photo though. 

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Haha 3

Am 27.11.2020 um 10:38 schrieb fotomas:

Old negs being even more dusty. Normaly I remove the dust, but in this case I leave them in. 
Here I tried to use a liquid developer and had to learn the hard way, that they don't last long. So the negs got rather flat. Tried to rescue some with a chrome-intensifier what makes it even worse. But for this pics I found this quite suitable. The old Ruhr-area was dusty and rusty.

Duisburg Bruckhausen 1984

AE-1, Pan F, Ilfosol 2

When I see these vintage photos, immediately  I think of the "Schimanski" thrillers

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Wayne:

IIIa, 50/2 Summitar, Kodak Ultramax 400 @ 1600

Ever watchful for threats from Covid.

Very good! I never thought that you can push the Ultramax up to 1600!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kl@usW. said:

seems more like  a cat he-she is watching out for... or did you train  ZOË  as a "sniffer dog" ? Lovely photo though. 

Thanks for the comment/compliment. As she was a "rescue," I did not do extensive research on the breed; am learning "on the fly." She is of the mastiff class of dogs, but exhibits much higher energy levels than is typical......contemplate a 111 lbs Jack Russel Terrier. She does have an intense interest in cats, when they are about; I am cautious, as misjudgement on my part, concerning the nature of the interest, could be catastrophic: her bite force, at 700 psi, is said to be the second highest in the domestic canine world. She does seem more of a sniffer than her appearance would suggest. I have seen her pick up a trail and work it as intensely as any beagle I have hunted over. Not overly vocal, you get a deep warning woof, and a deeper growl....that you seem to feel more than hear, followed by an intense stare such as seen in the photo. If you happen to be one of those things that goes "bump in the night," you are in trouble. An amazing breed. One of those that demands quite a bit of time and patience. Unfortunately, there are quite a few that are purchased without real understanding of the great responsibility of owning one, and they wind up euthanized after months in a rescue program or shelter. As they say, every cloud has a silver lining: the Covid ordeal has given me plenty of time to tend to her insecurities and bring her along. It is as if she is welded to my hip, but it has not been a problem, It's been good for both of us.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, benqui said:

Very good! I never thought that you can push the Ultramax up to 1600!!!

I give it an extra minute in the developer. Have not tried it indoors, but seems to work pretty well late in day, or early in morning, outdoors.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/50 MMJ, Contax
RDPIII 100F

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Anna Magnani just drove by.... if this is not a still from a "neorealism" film, I don't know.... 

Thank you for the mike, Rog. And a nice try anyway.... 🙄. Just participated in a Zoom-update on Retinal Diseases this afternoon.... floaters were not among the usual suspects..probably because the condition is more a test for our psychological equilibrium than a disease or a serious problem. I try to consider the humble floater as a reminder not to be so fussy with the dust on and in our  Crons and Luxes...😁

Btw:  great compositions lately

Thanks for the wink-wink, nudge-nudge on the compositions. Putting this one together, I thought the "floater" would give you pause to "vent." My ophthalmologist for years kidded me about how clear my eyes were, denying him an opportunity to correct my vision and get off of lusting for eyeglass frames. Ha, ha. Quirky is as quirky can do, I always carried two or three different frames in my briefcase to satisfy my fashion whim for the moment. For some meetings, the order of business called for my CIA interrogation spectacles, while others dialed back to classic tortoise shell. Coming back to my color field, I thought the subdued smudge floaters would garner mention, being the overlooked that I look at more often than not. In fact, I will post some color field "notes" on Diptychs and Triptychs.

I am chuckling over your Crons and Luxes floaters. Hit them with a rocket blower or haul out the persnickety Thambar-M for the lovely swarm of floaters effect. Or not, depending on f-stop or Central Spot (CS) filter. I read here on the forum that the Thambar-M will be discontinued. The sharpness of blur. I vote for more Philip blur.

Oh, my, the mere mention of Anna Magnani! Thank you for that. I am not going to trust the less-than-instant replay of my mind and haul out my Magnani films.  I remember an artistic masterpiece Phil shared that featured a stop sign in the middle of Santa Monica nowhere hills, barren mounds of a construction site. It's like Antoni moving from Antonioni's black-and-white to Red Desert color.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just outside the town of Burrillville, RI, there is an extensive shrine to S. Therersa.  Mamiya 7, 80mm. Delta 400 in HC110-B

• Like 16

• Like 15

• Like 12

Mamiya 7 80mm HP5+ HC110-B

Edited by bags27
  • Like 19

Vlissingen 08/2020

Leica M4, Summicron 2,0/50, Ilford FP4+

• Like 17