I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some shots from the other day, using my Fuji645 and ektar 100 (shot with red boat was Velvia 50) ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

and the third ....

• Like 19

Went to visit Captain today. Maybe for the last time.

Tender comfort for an old companion.

IID, VC 28/3.5, Astrum/Svema 400

A friend and I were talking about dogs and he said something that has stuck with me.  We have our work, family, friends, and hobbies.  Our dogs have only us.  From the tone in your posts and the mood of the photos it sounds and looks like Captain had a good companion.  

• Like 4

A friend and I were talking about dogs and he said something that has stuck with me.  We have our work, family, friends, and hobbies.  Our dogs have only us.  From the tone in your posts and the mood of the photos it sounds and looks like Captain had a good companion.  

It's so hard to lose an old friend. All the every best wishes and strength to you, Wayne. Captain will have been aware and happy he had his friends with him towards the sunset.

Sorry to hear this, Wayne.  My Mother lost her old friend last week.  A brutal tough time, indeed.

Thanks for the kind comments. Captain whines, wanting a scratch, every time he hears me. He did so again, this afternoon. It is good to know that you are sufficient. Nothing assures you of it as much a your canine friends. Even as a kid, I had a hard time being comfortable without a dog being around. Any dog. I think that is why I have such fond memories of my two years in Scotland. Lots of dog people. :)

Blondie. Once again, off her chain and over to spend time with me.

Rolleiflex A 2.8 Tessar Jena, Pan F

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 19

I am most probably not done with this "work print" yet, as it just came out of the scanner, but it does give me a hard on. 

This is from last Friday at about 4:45am.  I was on a sunrise rendezvous with our very own Sharookh, who was visiting from India and was keen to shoot his first long exposures with his essentially brand new Hassy X1D digital camera.

I had my late 50's Linhof Technika Press 23 and Zeiss Sonar 180mm and some Acros and Ektar.

He was shooting traditionally, controlling the entire operation of his camera from his iPhone and - if I may say so - pixel peeping his balls off after each shot. :)

I took a slight different, outside-the-box, tact.  A bokeh-licious NYC night cityscape, with some low fog to boot.  

Still needs some toiling, but me thinks it just might be a winner :)  Many more to come!

Foggy night over Lower Manhattan (featuring (for those who don't see this every day) the Brooklyn Bridge and the Freedom Tower)

attachicon.gifbokeh.jpg

Adam, I think you've been reading too much Philip Roth :)

May I ask: On what did you focus, or not focus? Good result either way!

• Like 4

Adam, I think you've been reading too much Philip Roth :)

May I ask: On what did you focus, or not focus? Good result either way!

LOL, very funny.  I have the benefit of a ground glad on my camera and was able to see exactly what i was going to get.  I adjusted the focus so the bokeh was just large enough so retain its sharpness and bulby-ness.  I think I may have a color version coming down the pike!

• Like 2

A few more from the still ongoing State of Independence series, shot in Barcelona:

state-of-independence-catalan-riots-0930

state-of-independence-catalan-riots-0916

state-of-independence-catalan-riots-0917

Please do not take these out of context - events such as these are still very rare and quite constrained. Only a few blocks away there were tourists strolling down Las Ramblas seemingly unaware of what was happening nearby.

These were all taken with the M7 and 35mm Summilux on Delta 400, and are part of a larger set blogged here.

Very powerful documentary set, Mark!

• Like 7

Hello film friends,

My apologies for the long radio silence. For the last few months I've unfortunately been too busy to even lift a camera, let alone follow the thread. I hope this will change in the coming period though. I did manage to rattle off a few frames of Provia 400X in the garden last week which I scanned today. Nothing spectacular, just playing with extension tubes and a large flower. The lensbaby effect on the second picture I think comes from having the Distagon's distance ring at something except the closest distance.

br

Philip

28454884848_df9443a68b_b.jpg

Flickr

80 Planar+32E

42280385962_3205c1bc71_b.jpg

Flickr

40 Distagon+16E

• Like 16