I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Adox Color Implosion with M3 and 1947 Carl Zeiss Jena 50/2 Sonnar, lab developed.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

The statue "Mother with her Dead Son" within the New Guardhouse - Berlin:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M4-P - Cron 50 DR - Fuji Pro 160S

• Like 17

Wondering if it's the lens or the anti halation layer is causing the light blooming, maybe a combination. The effect plus the grain make a really nice effect.

I'm pretty sure it's the lens, Steve.  I decided to use the lens for this shoot because it's flair-prone into the light and I thought it would make an interesting combination with the Adox.

I also have a 1949 Carl Zeiss Jena 85/2 Sonnar that I've been wanting to use with Color Implosion but having the time and favourable weather conditions hasn't worked out yet but it should soon.

Pete.

• Like 3

Hi Michael, thank you. Well, the two magazines I have, one old A-12 and an E-12, both allow tripping the shutter before they've been wound ten times. 

This looks great Antonio, and it seems to me that HC-110 is a good developer for this film. I've always liked the slightly crystalline structure of grain when it comes out of an HC-110 bath.

Hi Henry, yes it's Ektar. 

Thanks Adam, yes I agree, that's a very good idea. 

Haha yes it must be touch. Very nice juxtaposition of all the colours and signs.

I watched Corbijn's Life the other day and there's a shot or two from Dean's family farm in Indiana that looks a bit like this. 

This one is very nice Neil. It has a timeless feel to it.

br

Philip

Hello Phillip,

Don't both the magazine & the camera body both have those little windows with little colored discs behind them that allow you to know whether or not the camera shutter & the film back are properly synchronized?

Best Regards,

Michael

Phil one question if you scan in TIFF 16 bits , can you tell me the size of your picture in Mo ?

Thanks

Henry

Yes, sorry Henry, I just remembered your question - these 16-bit TIF scans are around 41-42 mb if scanned as B&W for display or printing, or around 123 mb if scanned as RGB for publication. How about your workflow - what size scans are you creating?

• Like 2

Very lovely, portrait of a beautiful young woman.  Love the rich midtones. 

Granddaughters just the best models in the world

Chamonix 5x4 Ilford Tmax 100

Very cool, Jean Marc.  A big boy in a small world :)

Ektachrome 100 HC -  SLR - 1992

Yonden ! by JM__, on Flickr

Gorgeous gentle colors, Philip!  A contrarian view of the super saturated dominant stereotype of Ektar.

A little break from the châteaux with this flower.

Flickr

80 Planar + tube (I think the 16E) and Ektar

Thanks, James :)

This one looks like straight out of the movies. Really cool!

Very super cool POV. You have me going and haven't yet been able to figure it out! 

church door self

noblex 35 - trix d76

Very lovely, Michael.  

My late friend Emmett. A man of happy aspect, always a smile, and usually a beer or two to share. No sign of pretension, just take him as he comes. A good man and a good friend.

• Like 1