Meeting in Ipswich - February 2013

valerio

Hi All.

I finished the film off this morning (only one left as it happened), rewound it, took it out of the camera, and....oops! I thought I was shooting XP2 at 400 asa, in fact I was shooting colour print rated at 200 asa. As a result most are very washed out and not great. I don't have PS or anything like that - just microsoft picture manager, so I have done a quick conversion to monochrome of some, and learnt from my mistake.

Also, as it has been years since I last used the 111f , I forgot that the viewfinders show the image when the lens is at infinity, and will therefore be less when focussed closer. The M series of course is the other way round: you always get more than you think. Because of this, some are cropped rather too tight.

Here are some anyway:

9cm Elmar

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

9cm Elmar

5cm Summarit

13.5cm Hektor

Susie

• Like 3

Hi, Susie,

Tough luck about mis-remembering what film was in your camera; I've had the same problem with my IIIf too as I feel sure many of us have from time to time. I particularly like the shot of John with your Elmar and the shot with the Summarit.

If you're interested in older lenses then you might be interested in "The view through older glass thread", here.

Pete.

Susie

Wow great shots I think I am going to have to take the plunge soon and try developing at Home :)

It's very easy to do that Mark and you don't need much equipment at all. I use my utility room as a makeshift darkroom and it works fine.

Just to let you all know I received a 35mm L to M adapter this morning with the spaces for 6-bit coding engraved. Have marked my 35mm F2.5 Color Skopar up as a 35mm F2.5 Summarit and it has recognized it as such on my M8 now just have to get an appropriate Uva/IR filter (another E39) and it is good to go.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for half of my chemicals and other equipment to be delivered, so I don't know what my shots look like yet... The order was made on January 28th! Some of the things I put on order were not available, but the communication and estimates from the store were really poor. I'm not a happy bunny... :(