How many users have had never a problem with their M8

Guest Olof

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got mine in the first week of November as well. The difference is minor dust in the LCD, slight patina on the shutter button and just the beginnings of wear on the body edges and corners. I'm sure I'm the only one who would spot the body wear, though. Like you, I'm a daily user, (I don't leave the apartment without it), and I' m surprised your M8 doesn't have wear on the shutter.

-grant

My M8 is covered in the neoprene case whenever I put it in my backpack, on my way to work. I didn't remove the foil on the baseplate where the shutter is. The foil shows some patina.

It's not that I would be dissapointed to have some patina. ;)

You're right, finally a camera you want to carry everyday. I feel empty when I don't carry my M8. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First generation, firmware 1.06 directly to 1.092 and no hardware fix yet. Essentially no problems. Irratic AWB, but I have that on other digital cameras, too. No green blobs or vertical stripes. I have to really work to get streaking/banding and when I do it is nowhere as sever as some examples shown here. It will do the IR-mauve, but I have corrected it in PP to my satisfaction. I am seriously wondering about sending it in for "the fix" and doing without it for a time.

Bob

Got my 2nd Gen 1.09 M8 in January 2007, upgraded to 1.092... 4500+ exposures made to date, daily shooter, I bring it with me everywhere, it's a joy to use!

Not a defect/problem so far, besides the obvious magenta problem (fixed with IR filters)

Perhaps the only complaints I have are the louder-than-expected shutter and the lower-than-expected battery capacity, but those seem so insignificant and are instantly forgotten when I see the fantastic pictures on my computer! =)

I have to say, thank you all soo much for all the helpful advice and for sharing all your experiences! This is an awesome forum! =)

received Jan.07

used fo approx. 500 ---650 frames

user program 1.092 working fine

Magenta difficulty only

NO other problems, complaints or breakdowns

using with coded and non coded lenses - 90 cron, 50 lux, 35 cron

My M8 is covered in the neoprene case whenever I put it in my backpack, on my way to work. I didn't remove the foil on the baseplate where the shutter is. The foil shows some patina.

It's not that I would be dissapointed to have some patina. ;)

You're right, finally a camera you want to carry everyday. I feel empty when I don't carry my M8. :D

I left the foil on the baseplate, but I usually throw the camera over my shoulder when heading out unless the weather is bad. I've missed too many moments by leaving the camera protected in a bag. Oh, and finger or thumb on the shutter button at all times, lens pre-focused, hence the early patina.

-grant

Reading your posts I sometimes get the impression you have a big problem with the M8 - any M8....:p

I got also no prablem with mine M8. Oba this mabe becaus I tell mine resaler I dont more want and so was mine M8 sale to other guy :D

Yes I have a problem with my M8. Not enough time to enjoy it....

Apart from that, I had a hotpixel right out of the box after I got the camera in Solms. When I went there again the next day, they gave me a new one... I checked it immediately- this one had a mis-adjusted rangefinder. They fixed it within an hour, from then on I had NO problems (apart from the usual magenta sometimes...). None. Works perfectly. Hurray!

Stefan

My M8 it is a first generation camera (nr. 3.100.666), the counter marks approximately 6500 shots, original firmware 1.09 upgradated at 1.091 beta version, subsequently dawned to the 1.092 version and then still returned to the previous 1.091 beta version (I think the beta previous version a little better of the successive official release).

Excluded the IR problem, never, truly never any problem.

Regards

Roberto Piero Ottavi

My M8 it is a first generation camera (nr. 3.100.666)

Roberto Piero Ottavi

Nice serial number, Roberto !!! :)

Mine has 3101289. I am wondering at which number Leica started shipping the M8 regularly, respectively which numbers are on pre-production cameras ?

Hi - there's a new thread with a link to an internet based survey that will catch this information more systematically and provide Guy and others with clearer data to pass to Leica. You might like to have a look at this link:

http://www.leica-camera-user.com/digital-forum/18954-internet-survey-luf-m8-experience-date.html