How many users have had never a problem with their M8

Guest Olof

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just tell us (short), if you have a M8, if it is a "second generation" or a "bug fixed" M8 and if you had a problem, or if you never had a problem.

Lets start with my M8

Recieved:

Jan. 2008 (second generation)

Problems:

Margenta (seen one or to times)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received February

Firmware 1.09

Apart from Magenta - no problems. I put that down to the camera being ex demo : l just assume that Leica ensured that demo cameras were as flawless as they could be - well at least that's what most sensible commercial companies would have done.

Second generation M8 in January, no problems apart from Magenta, and green stripe, user error.

Wonderful camera that amazes with its colour and sharpness.

Just wish I had a dioptre, filters but I know Leica is snowed under.

Tom

Well, I got mine at the beginning of Feb 2007 with Firmware 1.90 and never had any problems except the magenta cast on some picture. The M8 went on a trip with me to Cuba and I used it exclusively with no hangups at all... It's a great camera :D

Mine simply take photographs-and photographs-and photographs......

First generation one came with some banding - fixed in upgrade, second gen one - just working. I have never seen the green blob or the green stripe. The first one had the ectoplasm descending once or twice at quick startup, after firmware fix gone.

Dear All - I'm currently piloting an internet survey that I will post to LUF (asked Jaap / Guy / Sean Reid / Jamie Roberts to check the text). Once this is ready I'll post. This should be much easier to summarise than the current rash of informal surveys and could be a useful way of communicating our issues with Leica. Hope this is seen as a service to the community. That's how it's meant!

I'll start a new thread when it's ready. The survey covers WB, image issues, electro-mechanical issues and accommodates users with more than one body.

Best

- Received first generation M8 November 1st 2006 (no problems except magenta and a few shots with banding)

- Flawless hard- and software-upgrade in Solms, December 2006 (banding solved)

- Filters received in February 2007 (magenta solved)

- Flawless firmwareupgrade to 1.092 (better AWB)

- Frames shot: > 3300

Everyday use, one skiing trip, no dust in the LCD screen, no considerable dust on the sensor, no wear off. Looking back, the banding and magenta issues were marginal versus the joy of using my M8 since November 2006. I have nothing to complain. :)

Received it early February. Second generation, Firmware 1.09. Light use,900 shots so far. No problem. Update to 1.092 last week. No problem, except some rare rapid scrolling of menu lines for a split second, a skipped photo or two and a photo half-corrupted which quickly came back to normal in «Play» mode». Fingers crossed. Great camera.

Received mine two weeks ago, firmware 1.092, approximately 600 frames, not a single problem other than the type Olivier mentions above (which I don't really regard as problems per se, as every computerized device I've ever owned shows occassional wonky behavior). I love this camera.